Forums

Does playing chess could sharpen the players brain?

Sort:
rotcivairotciv

Many says that chess is a game of people with much power of higher thinking!that is; someone could precisely knew what will happen after six to seven consecutive moves...

finalunpurez

U need to come up with better threads Tongue Out

gaereagdag

Don't be so harsh. It's a better thread than the one with the guy offering a 22 page pdf.

ZiggeHolmgren

Yes, it is likely, to some extent, against dementia for example, so the brain does not mud up completely. But sharpness and calculating moves ahead has less to do with being a good chess player than people think, imagination is more important. Imagination is perhaps a better gauge of what we call intelligence. But the word has become devalued in favor of realism and rationality.

rotcivairotciv

Well,nice to hear from you again my friend!A very clear explanation,but for me, I prefer to calculate the outcome rather than to imagine what will happen next.Any how it's every human being "rigth of choice" and be able to accept whatever the changes..

day_widni69
rmg97068 wrote:

...I just broke up with my boyfriend...

LOVE ME!! Yell

kco

Don't think I would want a sharper brain like this one...

konhidras

Chess can also give you a headache which if not treated early could send you to the shrinks.

rotcivairotciv

Yes it's true,after a long hours of play I feel like my mind seems to blown up or I drank a bottle of whisky.

Seraphimity

EQ vs. IQ.  Ones emotional quotient has a great bearing on ones ability to put the IQ one posses into real life use.  many have huge IQ's but function poorly in most real life settings.  having a high EQ allows you to better understand world of humans.  Our world.  Like a high IQ is nothing without wisdom.  

Seraphimity
TacticalCyborg wrote:
Seraphimity wrote:

EQ vs. IQ.  Ones emotional quotient has a great bearing on ones ability to put the IQ one posses into real life use.  many have huge IQ's but function poorly in most real life settings.  having a high EQ allows you to better understand world of humans.  Our world.  Like a high IQ is nothing without wisdom.  

i liked this answer so much i just give it 11 out of 10

aww thanks, so essentially you just gave it a -1

rotcivairotciv

We have to accept the fact that there are people who possesed much higher IQ than others...

eddysallin

Oh sure,all chess players of any note have heads shaped like cones.....