Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

En Passant

• 2 years ago · Quote · #61

ChristianSoldier007

I messed up the files so i uninstalled it but when I wen tback to reinstall it it doesn't work... I need to contact chessbase

• 2 years ago · Quote · #62

jetfighter13

ah oK then

• 2 years ago · Quote · #63

bobbyDK

my experience is that most people that knows about en passant will play it nine out of ten times otb. therefore I used to calculate that they will do it.
    some even looked at me thinking I overlooked that they could take en passant - not always the best decision to take en passant but they do it because they think they surprise. it is always part of my calculation.
    I am 34 I first heard about en passant when I joined a chess club 30 years old even though I learned to play chess as a six yers old.
    got a chess program when I was 12 and I thought the program had a bug because it took en passant. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #64

ChristianSoldier007

i was actually in a winning endgame in the last round of my nationaltournament, I used en passant to seal the deal, but my opponent didn't know it. I whispered that it is a rule (bad boy in the playing hall Wink) and asked if he wanted to call an arbitor so we did and it was deemed legal. i won that game, a nice achievement in fact

• 2 years ago · Quote · #65

MaartenSmit

jetfighter- in your notes to move 43, the KP vs. K is a win after 46. Kd4 instead of 46. d4??

• 2 years ago · Quote · #66

thesoulwatcher

Funny story... many years back when I was a beginner to chess... I was playing a computer and doing ''good'' (probably not too great, but good at the time) and I thought I had a solid pawn offense going... I said to myself I'll finally beat the damn computer... then the computer performed the ''En passant''.. my jaw dropped... I thought the damn computer cheated or had an error in the program... read up on the computer program I was playing against at the time in the FAQ and sure enough the ''En passant''move was in there, read more up on chess about it and learned what it was. I don't think most beginners know about that move... I sure didn't, at the time I was learning how to play chess.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #67

waffllemaster

Whenever these threads pop up I always think of this image... I couldn't actually find this image, so I had to go make it just now lol

• 2 years ago · Quote · #68

AlCzervik

^Because I'm Rick James, B*****!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #69

waffllemaster

I think I'll just post this in any topic I'm tired of reading/responding to Laughing.

At least it seems like a good idea right now while I'm tired.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #70

knightmare_0615

jetfighter13 wrote:

Often taking en passent is not the best move, this game I played OTB at school today is a great example

Your gameplay is very good jetfighter13 but I don't get why your opponent didn't take the b pawn with the rook after 35. b5+ that would at least give him some hope.......

• 2 years ago · Quote · #71

knightmare_0615

nice use of zugzwang too jetfighter13

• 2 years ago · Quote · #72

AndyClifton

Mastafade wrote:

@kgwkyle Socrates wasn't an actual philosopher, he was a character made by Plato and used in his literature. Though I suppose there is the interpretation that Socrates was Plato's teacher, and Plato was simply putting down written word of what his teacher was saying.

lol

• 2 years ago · Quote · #73

kgwkyle

I see pictures; what we need to do to get people to do things... write what you want done, then get a clip of Chuck Norris saying that he approves this message lol

Post your reply: