Forums

Epic Comeback <1000 ELO

Sort:
deathbygoo
I wanted that C7 so bad...

RustInTime

But funny detail is that black has 4 minor pieces for the queen which is not a comeback but rather plenty of compensation to play on.. If he can keep his king safe and activate his rook on a8 infact he's completely winning.

ImNotaFish

That was one sneaky knight gooey.

So thats 1 Queen and 1 pawn for 2 Bishops, 2 Knights.

Should Black resign for that? 

Tripp_H

Yeah, I'm with RustInTime.  I'd much rather be Black here, I think.

deathbygoo
Tripp_H wrote:

Yeah, I'm with RustInTime.  I'd much rather be Black here, I think.

4. Nh4 was bait by the way for him to overextend pawn, but apparently he didn't since he was focused on c4 bishop. I completely overlooked his d7 pawn pin when I moved queen to Q4. That mistake cost me my bishop and knight. Very steep price to pay for one mistake but I kept my composure and managed to even the score in the end when I tricked him into exposing his queen.

I agree he shouldn't have left since he was slightly ahead but he probably was psychologically tilted. 

deathbygoo

Heres another game. I'm starting to develop a knack for playing really sloppy at the start (since I don't put too much thought into memorizing openers; maybe I should) and completely ruining my opponent in the end since I play a unqiue style. Many people I versus feel like they've memorizied openers and have a robotic feel to them which is extremely exploitable once they reach a certain step.

I love traps :)