Gashimov Memorial, Round 2 is LIVE and Open to ALL MEMBERS!Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

FINALLY CHENNAI CONFIRMED FOR THE WCC


  • 12 months ago · Quote · #121

    attack_10

    so you r saying that indians have bought a majority of delegates to turn the decision in their favour.

    It might be true.I dont believe its true. But i hope its true. because if it is so, atleast they will have a plann, which will help chess in india one way or other.

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #122

    rooperi

    Ubik42 wrote:......

    And if you add 19+97 you get 114. ......

    Oh

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #123

    Mach491

     i couldnt stop laughing(first i didnt get what u meant but then it dawned on me). great find rooperi....

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #124

    conejiux

    jesterville wrote:

    LOL...in an interview he claimed as evidence that chess was brought from the stars...the fact that chess was found all over the Planet.

    I guess, these same Aliens brought Monopoly, Scrabble, Football, Basketball, Cricket etc. with them also.

    You are wrong. The aliens brought Poker and Tic tac toe to enlighten us.

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #125

    pdela

    rooperi wrote:

    Ubik42 wrote:......

    And if you add 19+97 you get 114. ......

    Oh

    xxxxxxxxxxx

    lol

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #126

    conejiux

    Anand accepted to play in the Norway tournament 2013 in cold weather, meanwhile Carlsen didn't want to go to Chennai?

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #127

    kco

    conejiux wrote:

    Anand accepted to play in the Norway tournament 2013 in cold weather, meanwhile Carlsen didn't want to go to Chennai?

    I suppose that was suppose to be joke right ? FYI Carlsen was only protesting against the way FIDE handle the bidding processed.

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #128

    blueemu

    kco wrote:
    conejiux wrote:

    Anand accepted to play in the Norway tournament 2013 in cold weather, meanwhile Carlsen didn't want to go to Chennai?

    I suppose that was suppose to be joke right ? FYI Carlsen was only protesting against the way FIDE handle the bidding processed.

    Agreed. Carlsen withdrew from the previous WCC cycle because FIDE made a set of rules and then broke them (twice!). Now they're up to the same nonsense again. I'm sure Carlsen is perfectly willing to play in Chennai. He is NOT happy about being made an unwilling accomplice to FIDE's violation of their own venue-selection process.

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #129

    schlechter55

    Ilyumshinov is not just a tycoon. He is a criminal.

    Bribing people for electing this disgusting figure again and again (and against the wish of the overwhelming majority of chess players in the world), changing the rules of the WCC cycles and of tournaments all the time, he takes the chess community hostage to play the 'generous godfather'.

    This is only one side. The other side is, that thanks to him (and the autorities in Moscow who support him) there is no freedom in his autonomous Republic, several critical journalists have been killed, Although Tatarstan should have benefitted from the oil findings, the poor people are still poor, corruption is everywhere.

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #130

    kavanam

    I want to know who is Ilymshinov and how he got elected as FIDE President? Is he Russian?

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #131

    schlechter55

    He is Russian citizen, he has Tatar nationality.

    It is scary that nobody replied to my message about Iliumshinov.

    He is taking hostage even normal chess players. May be you will not get  the title / rating points you deserve, if you criticize him, or  you may not get an invitation to tournaments, or worse, you might get killed in Chanti Mansijsk...

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #132

    Estragon

    schlechter55 wrote:

    He is Russian citizen, he has Tatar nationality.

    It is scary that nobody replied to my message about Iliumshinov.

    He is taking hostage even normal chess players. May be you will not get  the title / rating points you deserve, if you criticize him, or  you may not get an invitation to tournaments, or worse, you might get killed in Chanti Mansijsk...

    Sorry, I didn't reply because I had nothing to add.  Kirsan is certainly quite the shady character, as are most of those who became mega-rich very quickly after the fall of the Soviet Empire. 

    I have no proof, but I suspect there are some concessions being made in Chennai or elsewhere in India for some of Kirsan's business interests. 

    It can be very difficult to start or expand a business in India, especially with foreign ownership, due to the entrenched regulatory apparatus, the "Raj" as it is called.  The delays and corruption associated with this process have held India back for years because they distort the marketplace and restrain growth without any compensating virtues.

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #133

    schlechter55

    thanks Estragon for confirming Ilyumshinovs character.

  • 12 months ago · Quote · #134

    MrDamonSmith

    Yep, hes no good. Damn, now all the invitations for me to play in the top tournaments might stop.


Back to Top

Post your reply: