Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

FINALLY over 1200 elo the story

• 6 months ago · Quote · #41

Hudlommen

Irontiger wrote:
    Hudlommen wrote:

(...)The only thing i have said is that i used KID and it worked fine for me. I don't expect people to gather their greater knowledge about chess from my story about how i got over 1200.(...)

Consistency, it matters :

Hudlommen wrote:
    (...)

Here is what i can give you:

Use 
    center pawn accepted as white (given that black takes, but work from there) It gives you an easy open center, that can be hard for new players to deal with. You don't have to think too much in crazy pawn moves, so the games are mostly the same and easy to learn from.

Use 
    King's Indian Defense (KID) as black. I can't say if this is the best opening as black always BUT you can force your way into it almost every game no matter what white comes up with. That makes the games more uniforme and waaay easier to learn from down the line. The pieces cover each other nicely from the beginning and you can let white use all his tricks until he runs out of steam and then blunders. I've found that if i could defend to the point past move 25-30, white would have tried so hard to kill me that he would blunder in the end (low low level) 
    (...)

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I changed the original post, now nobody will be fooled into using the KID ever again. That opening is deadly :D

• 6 months ago · Quote · #42

WalhallaRoad

stuck at around mid 1200s right now.  On my other name I'm at 1276 standard.  I was on a 9 game win streak.  7 of the players i beat were ranked higher than me.  Most were above 1300.  I'm evening out now and I'm on somewhat of a slump compared to my recent rise.  My next goal is to get over 1300.

• 6 months ago · Quote · #43

Hudlommen

WalhallaRoad wrote:

stuck at around mid 1200s right now.  On my other name I'm at 1276 standard.  I was on a 9 game win streak.  7 of the players i beat were ranked higher than me.  Most were above 1300.  I'm evening out now and I'm on somewhat of a slump compared to my recent rise.  My next goal is to get over 1300.

If you feel like practising special openings or anything like that, just add me. I need someone to practise against :)

• 6 months ago · Quote · #44

Hudlommen

That also go for anyone else around 1200 :)

• 6 months ago · Quote · #45

Hudlommen

Uuuuh, almost 1500 views. Cmon 5 people!

Post your reply: