Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Do you love/hate the new TROPHIES?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

chess_kebabs

My answer: HATE.

The new trophies are lifeless, dull, very boring, blurry, tiny, lack detail, look like a bunch of clones and could pass as kindergarten stickers.

The old trophies had life in them, character, stood out, were fun to send... sure there were a few tragic trophies but most were fine and you could actually see what they were meant to represent.

No motivation to send them anymore.

Staff, please bring back the old trophies!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

chess_kebabs

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #3

Erik2

I totally AGREE!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

Snapdragon

In all honesty, do we really NEED those trophies? I especially dislike receiving a trophy when I've lost. "Good Game" or "Honest Play" (or something like that). It sounds so condescending. I'm sure most people send the trophies (for winning or losing) simply because it has become the custom. So much better to write a personal note of congratulations for a game well played right in the chat box. The trophies might have been fun when they were new, but now they're old and hackneyed and more of a nuisance than anything. But far be it from me to refrain from sending them as long as that is the expected thing to do.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

chess_kebabs

the trophies are a great feature here.. not just for games, but sending sympathy or fun trophies to friends..

no one is forced to send any.. and it's nice to receive them.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

bigpoison

The new trophies are no lamer than those that preceeded them.  I'm with snapdragon on this one.  If we're expected to send them, I've horribly breached chess.com etiquette.

Probably won't be the last time, either.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

chess_kebabs

I was going to add a few new trophies Alan , not change any trophies.. e.g. a sympathy trophy.. but Kohai did add some new ones.

There are still a few more I would like to see added.. for admins to use:

e.g.

WELCOME TO OUR GROUP!

TOP JOB!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

chess_kebabs

bigpoison wrote:

The new trophies are no lamer than those that preceeded them.  I'm with snapdragon on this one.  If we're expected to send them, I've horribly breached chess.com etiquette.

Probably won't be the last time, either.

No one is forced to send them...

sure some more creative thinking trophies could be added... 

but all cloned trophies couldn't get any blander.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

Snapdragon

Oh, I do love the fun trophies and the ones Babs suggested above. I just object to the same old trophies every time a game is over.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

BorgQueen

Initially, I had thought that the new ones looked better, neater, cleaner.  I still think that, but also they all look the same, so I have to agree, the old ones were at least interesting and worth scanning through to find one to send.   Now it is like meh, they're all the same and you click BACK and forget it in a big hurry.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

chess_kebabs

I  did request once if staff would write a script that allowed us to create our own trophy and send as an option.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

erik

thanks for the input. i like them 100x better, but i know some people don't. perhaps if we made the elements in the middle stand out more?

also, in our new upcoming design they are much larger. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

chess_kebabs

Erik, they look like kindy stickers!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

chess_kebabs

No offense Erik, but did your little kids have a say in these ? :p

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

BorgQueen

The only real problem Erik, is that they all look the same. They all came off the same stamp.

Variety is the spice of life.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

erik

you hate these too? 

http://gowalla.com/spots

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

chess_kebabs

erik wrote:

you hate these too? 

http://gowalla.com/spots

yep.. clones again..

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

chess_kebabs

BorgQueen wrote:

The only real problem Erik, is that they all look the same. They all came off the same stamp.

Variety is the spice of life.

exactly!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

RedSoxpawn

They could be better.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

chess_kebabs

Not saying all of the old ones were brilliant, some were much better than others.. but they were ALL much better than the new ones..

Post your reply: