Forums

Forum Posting... a SPORT?!

Sort:
TheGrobe

This is something that I believe is absurd.  I consider a sport (and I'm sure a lot of you as well), consider a sport to be a competitive game which is directly physical.  This could not be further from the truth in forum posting.  If someone was a scrawny kid with a chip on their shoulder, lived in their mom's basement subsisting only on pizza pops and fluorescent lighting, but was extremely belligerent and just copied old threads, they could win the World Title in theory.  Can someone please explain why they think forum posting is a sport?

-waller-

Because it requires hand-eye co-ordination?!

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Mmm... pizza pops

TheGrobe

See, and ozzie's titled!

checkmateibeatu

The parodying must stop, and is getting old.

checkmateibeatu

And there is no "world title" in forum posting.

TheGrobe

Three!

Haha -- I'm out in front again.

PrawnEatsPrawn

Extreme Forum Posting:

The Sport of Kings!

(and goldendog)

ozzie_c_cobblepot

What, no penguin?! It's an outrage!

checkmateibeatu
TheGrobe wrote:

Three!

This is not a Most Posts thread.  That was a one-time thing.

TheGrobe

You're good, my friend, but my pizza pops are Deluxe and my lighting full spectrum.

1pawndown

We have traveled from the absurd to the ridiculous with this thread. ( Incidentally, your profile of a forum poster in the first post is probably accurate for 40-50% of the trolls.) 

PrawnEatsPrawn
checkmateibeatu wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:

Three!

Baaaaaa! Baaaaaaa! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I hear you, dude.

* Readies a jar of mint sauce *

checkmateibeatu
checkmateibeatu wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:

Three!

This is not a Most Posts thread.  That was a one-time thing.

TheGrobe

Hmmm, judges: does quoting yourself count?

PrawnEatsPrawn
TheGrobe wrote:

It counts for an extra member point.

ilikeflags

It is a competative activity which requires years of dedicated training and practice in which to be even moderately good. The notion of there needing to be a physical component to a sport is a common, but relatively modern, convention. "Sport" not long ago used to mean any divirting activity. Falconry, for example, is known as the "sport of kings."

Ultimately if you choose to consider it a sport or not is an entirely personal thing. The only way you could go wrong would be in getting into a semantic argument with others insisting that it is or is not a sport on definitional grounds. The reason this would be a mistake is that based on various definitions of the word "sport" as expressed in the OED, it qualifies. So there is no semantic basis for dissallowing the inclussion of [forum posting] in the category of "sports" (though including it is rather old-fashioned).

(i love thegrobe)

checkmateibeatu
1pawndown wrote:

We have traveled from the absurd to the ridiculous with this thread. ( Incidentally, your profile of a forum poster in the first post is probably accurate for 40-50% of the trolls.) 

A lot of people have continued to say that I am a troll (I am not), even though I had told people otherwise many times.  So here you go:

I am not a troll

Yo no soy un troll

Je ne suis pas un troll

Ich bin kein Troll

Je ne suis pas un troll

JE NEレンサPAS UNトロール

JE NE豬 PAS聯合國巨魔

JE NE猪PAS联合国巨魔

Je Ne суис па ООН тролль

JE NE PAS الخنزيرية الامم المتحدة بالشص

ilikeflags

or should i say, i lobe thegrobe?

checkmateibeatu
TheGrobe wrote:

I was quoting myself to show what I really said, rather than what Prawn misquoted it as.