15969 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
I have a few questions about Fritz 13:
1. How strong is the new Fritz 13 engine compared to Houdini and Stockfish?
2. Is the "Calculation Training" feature that was started in Fritz 11 still available in this version?
3. What "training modules" are included with the program?
Also wondering if you can load the 4 million game database into Fritz 13, or does it have a limit on database size?
This is actually my first response to a post ever and I hope it's not too late!
1. Fritz 13 is in the top 5 strongest engines as of now. Houdini 3.0 is the number one.
2. Yes, calculation feature is still in Fritz 13.
3. A few of them such as defense training which enables you to find all pieces undefended. The same thing for attacking pieces. There is also a bindfold option (which I love). Another feature that springs off of the tip of my head is the endgame training. You can import/input your own puzzles and/or use the default one that comes with Fritz 13.
I hope this helps!
"Reykjavik Open, Round 9 | Commentary by FM Ingvar Johannesson & Fiona Steil-Antoni"
New olympiad type match that I played in.
by SebLeb0210 a few minutes ago
Making the Chess.com Forums Better
by einstein99 a few minutes ago
White to move wins
by yeres30 a few minutes ago
The Ethics of Chess
by nyshoefly a few minutes ago
Chess rating system
by bradyzeng 4 minutes ago
Stuff Non-Chess Players Say
by akafett 4 minutes ago
Is there any defense against pathetic players?
by Vanhaomena 9 minutes ago
Any girls here play chess?
by noDiva 10 minutes ago
What's this Nonsense about 200 Bans maximum?
by theoreticalboy 12 minutes ago
Issues with the Dutch stonewall
by LM_Mahir 15 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2014 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!