11268 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
I have a few questions about Fritz 13:
1. How strong is the new Fritz 13 engine compared to Houdini and Stockfish?
2. Is the "Calculation Training" feature that was started in Fritz 11 still available in this version?
3. What "training modules" are included with the program?
Also wondering if you can load the 4 million game database into Fritz 13, or does it have a limit on database size?
This is actually my first response to a post ever and I hope it's not too late!
1. Fritz 13 is in the top 5 strongest engines as of now. Houdini 3.0 is the number one.
2. Yes, calculation feature is still in Fritz 13.
3. A few of them such as defense training which enables you to find all pieces undefended. The same thing for attacking pieces. There is also a bindfold option (which I love). Another feature that springs off of the tip of my head is the endgame training. You can import/input your own puzzles and/or use the default one that comes with Fritz 13.
I hope this helps!
You Should Be Forced to Resign
by netzach a few minutes ago
Will technology ruin the game of chess?
by Ubik42 3 minutes ago
why do people stall when they are losing?
by OldChessDog 5 minutes ago
Chicago Open 2013
by talhah 5 minutes ago
Solve this Riddle if you can
by Cogwheel 8 minutes ago
3 reasons Why "Online Chess" ratings deserves no repsect
by Ubik42 10 minutes ago
5/18/2013 - Mate in 4
by briansladovich 10 minutes ago
black defences against scotch and ruy
by time2think124 12 minutes ago
by waffllemaster 13 minutes ago
Do you write out your thoughts in online chess?
by ucanthandlethetruth 13 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com