Forums

Funny stuff that sore losers have told you

Sort:
beardogjones

My favorite is "don't ever insult me by playing 1.h4 again!"

astronomer999

There is one player here who loves inversion. He leaves comments on other players pages which state the opposite case of the actual situation. He flogged me a few times and left a comment saying how strong I am. I find the same comments on players I can beat, but on players that have given me a good spanking his comments say how weak they are.

minor7b5

I played three blitz games against the same person yesterday. I won the first two and he won the third one. After he said "haha, I beat you and you're using an engine". I replied "yeah, you, and 1300 rated player, just beat Rybka. I'm very impressed".

Ziryab
WillyLuke wrote:

A little gem in my profile: "hopefully you step on one tram into overdrive son of a bitch in heat" Some guys don't seem to understand that if they play e3-f3-Kf2 chances are I'm not gonna give them a rematch.

I was cursed on Playchess after I won with 1.f3 2.Kf2 3.c3 4.Ke3 5.Kd3 6.Kc2 7.Qe1 8.Kd1.

Ziryab
rajarshibasu wrote:

once a player after losing in a bullet once told me that he was drunk and so couldnt concentrate    

That's my excuse as I play bullet twice per day: 4:00am while still in bed on the iPad and 10:00 pm after draining a bottle or two of wine. Wink

Debistro

There should be a thread on cocky people who start trash talking after they beat you. This is equally loathsome...maybe more.

lookslikeblood

Had a guy tell me "I'm your daddy, and am screwing your mom!" - I yelled back "dad, why must you lay with mom while you play chess with me?!"

no reply he just left lol

jmkark

I got lot "you are using engines1!!" too. And then there are those who lose horribly but then win the remach and are overly cocky about that.

Still, I think the best excuse I've heard was the guy who told me that he was having a blowjob while playing.

TheGreatOogieBoogie
patzermike wrote:

Someone once said to me "I almost had you,but I overlooked a detail.". I replied "In other words, we had a chess game."

Doesn't sound like a sore loser.  That's usually why I'm afraid of entering complications and sacrificing sometimes.  It looks really good at first, blunder check, etc., but just beyond your horizon is a refutation that shores up the opponent's defense just leaving you down the exchange or a pawn in the end. 

Then again it happened to Tal a lot (and sometimes the opponent even overlooks the shore up refutation!)  and he was world champion.

WISH_I_WAS_A_GM

I once played someone who called me a lucky bitch after a score of 4.5:1.5 against him. I wasnt offended later though because I figured out he called everyone he had ever lost to a lucky bitch:]