Forums

GM Blunders twice in a match againsnt an 1400

Sort:
iliketosneeze
Randomemory wrote:
fruitcakes101 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
fruitcakes101 wrote:

Guys you guys aint thinking straight!!!! Qf5 then Nxd3 then a queen trade with Knight coming back to complete the queen trade on c5, after NxBd3,the Knight is protecting Queen on c5 and there is no more mate threat! and then i am up a piece and both queens on the board. u guys get it??

Yeah, but, umm, why the hell would white capture your queen? He'd take the knight...

True but then i am winning..but still why give me the knight for free that was my point...

No you were not, in fact you were never winning, and before Ne5?? you were completely lost. Not to be a buzzkill, but I do not like people who troll like hessmaster, just a little cranky.

aint i a pawn up?

InfiniteFlash

fair enough.

iliketosneeze

of course dude who aint going to be completely lost against a GM

Cruiseylee78

Everyone is missing the most obvious thing, Hes a GM for a reason, he knew you was 1400 and would play Rg8 ;)

Markle

Yes you are up a pawn but it is meaningless, GM's didn't get there by being stupid

basilicone
Cruiseylee78 wrote:

Everyone is missing the most obvious thing, Hes a GM for a reason, he knew you was 1400 and would play Rg8 ;)

I think you hve a point there. Calculated risk which payed off!

iliketosneeze

guys i talked to him about this, he though he had knight covered, hey everybody does mistakes, i do mistakes every day, he does them in a while! i mean everybody blunders, gm do them less, i mean that the game where anand missed mate in one, put in on youtube. Still i am up a pawn, me a 1400 up a pawn against a GM???? in about less than 10 moves he will get it back!

TornadoTee

Move 9: You can't take his Knight because your King is pinned by the Rook. 

Move 18: You can't take his Knight because the Queen goes Qf5 threatening mate. The Knight cannot block this because it's pinned to the Queen. 

Elubas
[COMMENT DELETED]
iliketosneeze
BudBoomer wrote:

GM is probably not used to playing such garbage positions so he blunders!!

u admitting u play garbage positions???? i am rated higher than you, imagine your position mate

iliketosneeze
TornadoTee wrote:

Move 9: You can't take his Knight because your King is pinned by the Rook. 

Move 18: You can't take his Knight because the Queen goes Qf5 threatening mate. The Knight cannot block this because it's pinned to the Queen. 

u can take bishop and same time defend queen!!!!

Cruiseylee78

Tornado has just copied and pasted that from a prev comment lol. And its incorrect as Fruitcakes explained. Dear oh dear.  People dont try and look more than 1 move ahead.  ;)

iliketosneeze
Cruiseylee78 wrote:

Tornado has just copied and pasted that from a prev comment lol. And its incorrect as Fruitcakes explained. Dear oh dear.  People dont try and look more than 1 move ahead.  ;)

Dear oh dear.... whats wrong with Qf5 NxB defends queen???? queen takes queen, Knight finishes queen trade???

Markle
fruitcakes101 wrote:
Cruiseylee78 wrote:

Dear oh dear.... whats wrong with Qf5 NxB defends queen???? queen takes queen, Knight finishes queen trade???

Because as you have been told earlier he doesn't have to take the queen, he just takes the knight on d3

iliketosneeze

BudBoomer wrote:

and its not "an" 1400 is english youre second language?

Does that even matter? U go around checking the grammar on other people's forums??? lol get a life buddy

iliketosneeze

The point of this forum is to show everybody blunders not how my position is garbage bloomer a player rated 2400 could vs a GM and lose. Thus he has a garbage position right?

gambitattax

Do you think that it so easy to defeat a GM?

Let me remind you one thing... All Titled Players on chess.com or any other chess websites... They don't play to their full power. They only showcase about half of their skill.

chance-a-lot
BudBoomer wrote:

and its not "an" 1400 is english youre second language?

Looks like it could be your second language as it's "English" not "english" and it's "your" not "youre". Furthermore, you didn't place a semi-colon after 1400.

MSC157

Yes, it is a blunder. You can't refute it...

chance-a-lot

According to Houdini 3 (which is currently rated the most powerful chess engine available to the public) After 18, ....N x e5    20, Qe4 - N x d3   21, c x d3. With accurate play it's a draw; however that's not going to happen against a GM by a 1400 player.

Note: In the above analysis the white Queen does not go to f5, although technically the position is still even if it does.