Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Grandmaster tactics rating is just 1217 on chess.com

• 20 months ago · Quote · #1

Sanket44

Here is the snapshot and link of this member

http://www.chess.com/members/view/GMharikrishna

• 20 months ago · Quote · #2

Balachandar

Maybe he allows his students to practice on chess.com. He gets diamond membership which gives unlimited access to TT and he uses it as a training tool for his students. Just a guess. 

I read in one NM's profile that he plays only bullet chess, blitz and standard are played by his son or students. 

• 20 months ago · Quote · #3

valymer

I'll alert the media

• 20 months ago · Quote · #4

DrSpudnik

LOL! At least I'm not the worst at tactics trainer. I hate chess puzzles, because all I do is look at them and try to crash the highest value piece into the enemy king. These puzzle things only encourage me to play wrecklessly.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #5

Scottrf

DrSpudnik wrote:

I hate chess puzzles, because all I do is look at them and try to crash the highest value piece into the enemy king.

Not the worst strategy ever.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #6

Grobzilla

I use the TT to determine if I'm too tired or drunk to continue playing, consequently, my score aint great. Plus, as an ad-watcher, I only get 3 a day.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #7

FredHu

Really? Mine is 1508

• 20 months ago · Quote · #8

CalamityChristie

there's only one true TT.

it's at the Isle of Man.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #9

CalamityChristie

Grobzilla wrote:

I use the TT to determine if I'm too tired or drunk to continue playing, consequently, my score aint great. Plus, as an ad-watcher, I only get 3 a day.

that's actually a very good strategy, or is it tactic ?

• 20 months ago · Quote · #10

Scottrf

It does feel good to be better than a grandmaster at tactics though.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #11

CorfitzUlfeldt

I agere with DrSputnik. Often the tempting sacrifice can be seen immediately, and if you start the timeconsuming process of actually calculating the variations to the end, you'll lose rating points. It gives you bad habits.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #12

CalamityChristie

blame it on the TT ... typical!

• 20 months ago · Quote · #13

DrSpudnik

I blame everything on TT!

• 20 months ago · Quote · #14

CalamityChristie

i don't blame it on the sunshine!!!!!

don't blame it on the moonlight!!

don't blame it on the good times!

i blame it on the boogayyyy!!!!!

• 20 months ago · Quote · #15

Grobzilla

CalamityChristie wrote:

there's only one true TT.

it's at the Isle of Man.

+1,000,000

• 20 months ago · Quote · #16

Grobzilla

CalamityChristie wrote:
    Grobzilla wrote:

that's actually a very good strategy, or is it tactic ?

Excellent question. I dunno. I'm too tired to figure it out right now. I guess the question was a good strategy/tactic to see if I should stop posting.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #17

Sanket44

Balachandar wrote:

Maybe he allows his students to practice on chess.com. He gets diamond membership which gives unlimited access to TT and he uses it as a training tool for his students. Just a guess. 

I read in one NM's profile that he plays only bullet chess, blitz and standard are played by his son or students. 

hmmmmm u r right.Surprised

• 20 months ago · Quote · #18

EricFleet

Sanket44 wrote:

Here is the snapshot and link of this member

http://www.chess.com/members/view/GMharikrishna

Actually, I can see one's rating being low, especially if one doesn't have a lot of tactics under one's belt. If you take your time and go past the time allotment, your rating ends up quite low. I know on my phone, I will pull up a tactic, get pulled away, get the tactic right but lose 15 points because I didn't do it in the time limit.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #19

ohsnapzbrah

I use TT while I use the bathroom every morning. I only get 3 a day. Feels good to be rated 2200 with it though.

• 20 months ago · Quote · #20

EricFleet

ohsnapzbrah wrote:

I use TT while I use the bathroom every morning. I only get 3 a day. Feels good to be rated 2200 with it though.

No pics, please.

Post your reply: