Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Grandmaster tactics rating is just 1217 on chess.com


  • 2 years ago · Quote · #1

    Sanket44

    Here is the snapshot and link of this member

    http://www.chess.com/members/view/GMharikrishna

     

     

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #2

    Balachandar

    Maybe he allows his students to practice on chess.com. He gets diamond membership which gives unlimited access to TT and he uses it as a training tool for his students. Just a guess. 

    I read in one NM's profile that he plays only bullet chess, blitz and standard are played by his son or students. 

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #3

    valymer

    I'll alert the media

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #4

    DrSpudnik

    LOL! At least I'm not the worst at tactics trainer. I hate chess puzzles, because all I do is look at them and try to crash the highest value piece into the enemy king. These puzzle things only encourage me to play wrecklessly.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #5

    Scottrf

    DrSpudnik wrote:

    I hate chess puzzles, because all I do is look at them and try to crash the highest value piece into the enemy king.

    Not the worst strategy ever.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #6

    Grobzilla

    I use the TT to determine if I'm too tired or drunk to continue playing, consequently, my score aint great. Plus, as an ad-watcher, I only get 3 a day.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #7

    FredHu

    Really? Mine is 1508

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #8

    CalamityChristie

    there's only one true TT.

    it's at the Isle of Man.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #9

    CalamityChristie

    Grobzilla wrote:

    I use the TT to determine if I'm too tired or drunk to continue playing, consequently, my score aint great. Plus, as an ad-watcher, I only get 3 a day.

    that's actually a very good strategy, or is it tactic ?

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #10

    Scottrf

    It does feel good to be better than a grandmaster at tactics though.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #11

    CorfitzUlfeldt

    I agere with DrSputnik. Often the tempting sacrifice can be seen immediately, and if you start the timeconsuming process of actually calculating the variations to the end, you'll lose rating points. It gives you bad habits.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #12

    CalamityChristie

    blame it on the TT ... typical!

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #13

    DrSpudnik

    I blame everything on TT!

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #14

    CalamityChristie

    i don't blame it on the sunshine!!!!!

    don't blame it on the moonlight!!

    don't blame it on the good times!

    i blame it on the boogayyyy!!!!!

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #15

    Grobzilla

    CalamityChristie wrote:

    there's only one true TT.

    it's at the Isle of Man.

    +1,000,000

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #16

    Grobzilla

    CalamityChristie wrote:
    Grobzilla wrote:

    I use the TT to determine if I'm too tired or drunk to continue playing, consequently, my score aint great. Plus, as an ad-watcher, I only get 3 a day.

    that's actually a very good strategy, or is it tactic ?

    Excellent question. I dunno. I'm too tired to figure it out right now. I guess the question was a good strategy/tactic to see if I should stop posting.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #17

    Sanket44

    Balachandar wrote:

    Maybe he allows his students to practice on chess.com. He gets diamond membership which gives unlimited access to TT and he uses it as a training tool for his students. Just a guess. 

    I read in one NM's profile that he plays only bullet chess, blitz and standard are played by his son or students. 

    hmmmmm u r right.Surprised

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #18

    EricFleet

    Sanket44 wrote:

    Here is the snapshot and link of this member

    http://www.chess.com/members/view/GMharikrishna

     

     

     

    Actually, I can see one's rating being low, especially if one doesn't have a lot of tactics under one's belt. If you take your time and go past the time allotment, your rating ends up quite low. I know on my phone, I will pull up a tactic, get pulled away, get the tactic right but lose 15 points because I didn't do it in the time limit.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #19

    ohsnapzbrah

    I use TT while I use the bathroom every morning. I only get 3 a day. Feels good to be rated 2200 with it though.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #20

    EricFleet

    ohsnapzbrah wrote:

    I use TT while I use the bathroom every morning. I only get 3 a day. Feels good to be rated 2200 with it though.

    No pics, please.


Back to Top

Post your reply: