Forums

Greatest Chess Photos

Sort:
fleiman

I like when girls play chess.

anonym

Montparnasse, Paris

fleiman

Lenin (First Soviet Leader) plays chess. Gorky (Great Russian Writer) watches.

anonym

This is the authentic picture of V.I.Lenin playing chess with Gorky at Capri in 1908.

fleiman
anonym wrote:

This is the authentic picture of V.I.Lenin playing chess with Gorky at Capri in 1908.

In the picture Gorky does not play, he watches from the side.

anonym

Chess.commies in the Workers Paradise.  Or is it Winston Smith and Emmanuel Goldstein in the Chestnut Tree Cafe Tournament?

Alex_Kovach
jpd303 wrote:

i think the Alekhine picture was set up by the KGB or something, its not natural!  the chess board is set up but no pieces moved!?  come on now Alekhine wouldnt have a board set up and not  move anything!  hes wearing a coat at the dinner/chess table?!  no signs of a struggle like someone choking or stroking or having a heart attack, he looks like he fell asleep at the table...it was believed that someone placed him there!?  yea the KGB!  (sorry to offend any KGB agent reading this dont kill me please im just a stupid american kid)

You are absolutely correct jpd303... This is an obvious case of communist sabotage and assasination cover-up... The staged photo is clearly the work of the KGB's amateur theatrics department.

anonym
fleiman wrote:

In the picture Gorky does not play, he watches from the side.

Yes, chess.comrade fleiman, you are correct -- in the actual famous photo V.I.Lenin (on left) is playing A.Bogdanov (r.) and Gorky in hat is kibitzing. And yet there is one Lenin-Gorky (0-1) game in the database -- 1908, Capri, ECO B03 Alekhine's Defense [sic].

billwall

Mikhail Tal in 1971

TheOldReb

Many famous chess powerhouses missing....  Botvinnik, Smyslov, Bronstein, Keres, Stein, to name just a few .

Keep the pics coming folks !!

billwall

Marcel Duchamp with chess set he designed.

billwall

Alekhine and Euwe, 1935

billwall

Capablanca giving a simul in 1911

Alex_Kovach
anonym wrote:

Chess.commies in the Workers Paradise.  Or is it Winston Smith and Emmanuel Goldstein in the Chestnut Tree Cafe Tournament?

LMAO!!! Good one!

billwall

Kasparov - Short, 1993

TheOldReb

Nice one Bill. Got one of Kasparov-Anand ? Karpov-Kasparov ?  Botvinnik-Smyslov ?

billwall

Karpov - Kasparov

billwall

Anand simul

billwall

Vinay Bhat in his younger days.

billwall

Karpov and the Polgar sisters

This forum topic has been locked