Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

HELP ME MAKE A LIFE DECISION


  • 13 months ago · Quote · #81

    pdela

    But actually, she brags too often

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #82

    pdela

    Victor-Servranckx wrote:

    I also play chess for a living. Next to that i entertain some hobbies that distract me from that and that give me some money to pay for the living of my family.

    I guess you would have to give a better (or more detailed) explanation ;)

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #83

    bigpoison

    TetsuoShima wrote:

    because success always gives you satisfaction.. and i already made money in several instances where i felt like im the smartest guy on the entire planet (ofc im an idiot but i didnt know that)...

    You must be very young.  Accomplishing a long goal is always a let down. 

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #84

    Doggy_Style

    bigsage

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #85

    TetsuoShima

    bigpoison wrote:
    TetsuoShima wrote:

    because success always gives you satisfaction.. and i already made money in several instances where i felt like im the smartest guy on the entire planet (ofc im an idiot but i didnt know that)...

    You must be very young.  Accomplishing a long goal is always a let down. 


    but doesnt the old mans saying go like: we dont regret the things we done the most, we regret the things we didnt do.

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #86

    bigpoison

    Two different kettles of fish.  We missed out on a lot of things because we were too damn' busy pursuing that long-term goal.

    I only have a couple of regrets...of a prurient nature.

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #87

    Crazychessplaya

    A question for the OP: are you still living with your parents?

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #88

    SocialPanda

    bigpoison wrote:
    TetsuoShima wrote:

    because success always gives you satisfaction.. and i already made money in several instances where i felt like im the smartest guy on the entire planet (ofc im an idiot but i didnt know that)...

    You must be very young.  Accomplishing a long goal is always a let down. 

    Something like:

    Ok... I got this "title/promotion/house" and now... what?

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #89

    pdela

    Different countries different cultures

    Xxxxxxxx

    Crazychessplaya wrote:

    A question for the OP: are you still living with your parents?

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #90

    TetsuoShima

    manfredmann wrote:
    socialista wrote:
    bigpoison wrote:
    TetsuoShima wrote:

    because success always gives you satisfaction.. and i already made money in several instances where i felt like im the smartest guy on the entire planet (ofc im an idiot but i didnt know that)...

    You must be very young.  Accomplishing a long goal is always a let down. 

    Something like:

    Ok... I got this "title/promotion/house" and now... what?

    Yes, or like Fischer - I won the World Championship, now what?


    well he toured the world and met a lot of interesting people and played chess with them. I think he even visited king and queens

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #91

    mmuurrii

    no matter what you decide to do, it will not turn out the way you think it will.  you are too indecisive and wishi-washi, and will fail regardless.  sorry about that.

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #92

    winerkleiner

    Americans don't fail, lol.

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #93

    pdela

    rmurray wrote:

    no matter what you decide to do, it will not turn out the way you think it will.  you are too indecisive and wishi-washi, and will fail regardless.  sorry about that.

    Xxxxxxxxxxx

    Do you speak out of experience?

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #94

    doughty

    As a programmer, I say go with programming. Just get some clients and work from home, which will help you escape the nine to five routine and let you invest more time in mastering chess.

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #95

    mmuurrii

    pdela wrote:

    rmurray wrote:

    no matter what you decide to do, it will not turn out the way you think it will.  you are too indecisive and wishi-washi, and will fail regardless.  sorry about that.

     

    Xxxxxxxxxxx

     

    Do you speak out of experience?

    no, and yes

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #96

    BryPin

    How does any athlete work 40+ hours a week and make it to the Olympics?  Train all the time, breaks, lunch, weekends, vacation.  But you need the understanding of work and their support too. Be positive and go for it. Play study play.  I’m too old to go for it so best of luck to you.

  • 13 months ago · Quote · #97

    zealandzen

    What BryPin said!


Back to Top

Post your reply: