Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How about a quickie?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

batgirl

5/0 game.  My opponent, who was slightly higher rated, played a questionable opening and then wasted time making a weakening pawn move.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

mxiangqi

It is surprising white doesn't have a rating at least 300-400 points lower.

Although your play was good, his was nonsensical and he seemed to be on a quest to score the highest number of question marks in a single game.

Qf3? h3? Qc3? Bb5+? f3? etc. Lame

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

mxiangqi

Also disappointed...the name of the thread sounded like things could have

been oh so much more interesting....Cursed double entendres.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

ChristianSoldier007

good job punishing  your opponent for that opening! Love the windmill tactic at the end

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

batgirl

I agree his play was awful (lucky for me). . . and apologize for the disappointment, but what do you expect from a quickie?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

batgirl

I thought the windmill was funny. I was thinking at the time I should have a quick and elegant way to win, but it was a fast game and  I didn't have time to try and figure it all out... the windmill was the obvious ploy and I used it really to give me time to think.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

ChristianSoldier007

12...Qf2 looks forcing to me, but milking it with the extra windmill is fun Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

batgirl

I played this game in the same sitting - different opponent, same time control but not so quick (and my luck was holding out but my nerves were getting frazzled).

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

PatzerLars

mxiangqi wrote:

Also disappointed...the name of the thread sounded like things could have

been oh so much more interesting....Cursed double entendres.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

ChristianSoldier007

nice attack on the king, i like how it didnt mate immediately, but the attack was ranged over almost 20 moves

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

shequan

why chesscube and not on chess.com?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

batgirl

ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

12...Qf2 looks forcing to me, but milking it with the extra windmill is fun

Yeah. It was hard to see quickly that even c2xN doesn't give an escape.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

batgirl

shequan wrote:

why chesscube and not on chess.com?

Because that's where I play.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

trysts

Here's a game I played on Chesscube. I've never posted one of my games, but I found this one interesting enough to post, just because I too, play a lot at Chesscube and kind of wanted to repay batgirl for her entertaining games. It's not a speed game, simply because I can't think that fast. It's 15 0, and the defeated one was sadly "not me", who has suffered some painful lossesLaughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

batgirl

No quickies for trysts.  That was a long game with some nice tactical shots.... in fact I was surprised you didn't go into the endgame with more advantage than you already had since your middlegame seemed superior. Thanks for posting it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

trysts

batgirl wrote:

No quickies for trysts.  That was a long game with some nice tactical shots.... in fact I was surprised you didn't go into the endgame with more advantage than you already had since your middlegame seemed superior. Thanks for posting it.

Thank you, batgirl!Smile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

heinzie

in the first game why not mate in one on move twelve

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

batgirl

heinzie wrote:

in the first game why not mate in one on move twelve

Because I didn't see it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

vadsamoht

Batgirl, in your second game why didn't you move 32.Rf1 ? It's not that I think what you did was wrong at all (your were about to mate either way), but this way you bring the rook into play earlier.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

batgirl

vadsamoht wrote:

Batgirl, in your second game why didn't you move 32.Rf1 ? It's not that I think what you did was wrong at all (your were about to mate either way), but this way you bring the rook into play earlier.

These were both 5 min games.  In the second game, I was very low on time by move 32 and, with a won game in my pocket, my main concern was to move quickly but not blunder.  In such a position, I try to make the most immediate safe move. So I was probably thinking first of getting my Queen out of take, then lok for a mating net.

Post your reply: