Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How can a 1 minute game last for 3 minutes???

• 2 years ago · Quote · #41

MasterChiefBoss

Probably LAG, or you saw the clock at 3:43:59 or something.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #42

waffllemaster

StrategicPlay wrote:

I recently played a 1|0 Bullet game (less than five minutes back) and just simply glanced on the time on my laptop. It said 3:43 PM (and I know it just went to 3:43, not that I saw it on the 59th second). I sent out a seek, it got accepted within less than 7 seconds and we started. At the end, I won on time and I had about 5 seconds left on the clock. But when I instantly looked back at my laptop time, it said 3:46 PM. 

So how is this possible? Is this some kind of bug? A time-delay bug? 

Yeah.  blitz and bullet games on chess.com always had a slower feel to me than when I used to play on other sites.  There is definitely lag between moves that's enough to notice drag the game out.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #43

General_Mysers

I grew quite tired of people here saying "Oh, maybe you read the time wrong", so to back up ol' StrategicPlay here, I went onto Live Chess, started a 1 min game as white, made my first move and started timing with my stopwatch as soon as I let go of the mouse button.  After I lost on time, and my opponent still had no more than 5 seconds to go, I quickly stopped timing.  The time reads - 2:32mins.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #44

StrategicPlay

That was what happened with me too. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #45

kgwkyle

I dont think it matters unless you have signed up for a tournament which was starting in 3 minutes.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #46

slide_checkmate

lol.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #47

StrategicPlay

LOL

You're right there, kyle.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #48

wyh2013

SP the first move lags...For example,if you waited 20sec to make you first move the opponent does the same...it would be possible to be a 3 min game since 1+1=2 + delayed movement

• 2 years ago · Quote · #49

Estragon

Ever listen to a Joe Biden speech?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #50

StrategicPlay

Estragon wrote:

Ever listen to a Joe Biden speech?

Nope, never heard of him.

But I guess he doesn't play chess. Tongue Out

• 23 months ago · Quote · #51

GM__Sanand

It's surely LAG

Post your reply: