Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How can i tell if an opponent is really a woman?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

CBA

It is important because I want to play 50% of my games against each sex (or 33% depending on your viewpoint) so that I am not accused of being discrimatory.

Also, how do you get their names and addresses (I want to make sure I play people of all names, equally spaced across the globe)?

Finally, I am not really a panda. I just want to illustrate how tricky these interweb relationships can prove.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

blackfirestorm666

LOL

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

dillydream

Why is it so important for you to know the gender of you opponent?  It's a game of chess, not a male-female contest. 

And how in the world can you be accused of being discriminatory if you do not, in fact, know which of your opponents are men and which are women? 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

RedDaze

Ask them if there's any beer in the refrigerator.

Assuming it is a male, they will respond that they will ask the nearest female. If it is female, they will give you a yes or no answer, giving away their identity!

I'm kidding, of course :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

blackfirestorm666

rigamagician wrote:

Kiss her, and see how she reacts.

LMFAO ... if he is gay he may react like a woman but in the view of fairness at least he can say he doesn't discrimnate against gays or hetrosexuals lolol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

netzach

hmm with you CBA & like political-correctness of 33% :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

StockfishEngine

i really am a fish head.

lmao

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

Michael-G

Ask her/him to marry you.

1)If he/she  refuses without a thought, he is man or gay

2)If he/she thinks about it , she is woman.Women like weird guys.  

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

CBA

rigamagician wrote:

Ask her mother or previous boyfriend.  Or invite her to go swimming with you.

I'd just get confused and ask her mum to go swimming. Again. (Though it is interesting to see what floats).

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

blackfirestorm666

CBA wrote:
    rigamagician wrote:

Ask her mother or previous boyfriend.  Or invite her to go swimming with you.

I'd just get confused and ask her mum to go swimming. Again. (Though it is interesting to see what floats).

At least you would know that SHE is female lol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

ivandh

CBA wrote:

Finally, I am not really a panda.

As Alekhine's cat I am really disturbed by this.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

rajshekharsharma

very funny Wink

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

AlCzervik

Well, I usually figure if they play d4 (white), it must be a woman, e4, a man. nf6 could be, well, use your imagination.

For names and addresses, if it's not on their profile, I just send messages incessantly. Unfortunately, I'm usually blocked. I hope you have better luck.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

corrijean

rigamagician wrote:
    TMIMITW wrote:

Well, I usually figure if they play d4 (white), it must be a woman, e4, a man.

A while back, people were lamenting how in the recent world championships, all the players seemed to open 1.d4 in every game.  Now we know why - Anand, Topalov, Kramnik and Leko are all secretly women.

Now I see. That really had me wondering. Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

knightspawn5

Nick, you got a real problem there mate.  Hope you can figure out before it becomes a delima for ya.  You can't tell by the avatar at all.  I suggest you tell them their shoes look great.  If its a woman, she will say thank you, if it's a man, you get slugged.  If either are gay, you are on your own.....lololol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

ivandh

rigamagician wrote:
    TMIMITW wrote:

Well, I usually figure if they play d4 (white), it must be a woman, e4, a man.

A while back, people were lamenting how in the recent world championships, all the players seemed to open 1.d4 in every game.  Now we know why - Anand, Topalov, Kramnik and Leko are all secretly women.

Explains Kramnik's frequent bathroom breaks.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

TAGLARRY

Always look for the Adam's apple.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

netzach

What if you are blind-man ?

( on second-thoughts do not answer that.. :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

justmissi11

i guess you could ask us to show our tits?  ( * )( * )  Surprised

wait... wrong site, hmmm... i'm not really sure why it matters (are our little girlie brains smaller?) but it does matter to you... Laughing 

i'm not really sure how you can tell without chatting via cam, phone, or exchanging pictures... ask her to write a specific note and hold it up in a picture - that way you know she is a she... good luck on your chess-girl-quest! Smile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

netzach

Maybe whole thing satire by OP justmiiss11 ?

Post your reply: