Forums

how do i get my ratings

Sort:
robinson16

hello friends, i have recently participated in first fide international tournament where i got 4/9 points (where i won against 1388 & draw against 1284).my question is that how do i get my ratings & whats are the conditions to get ratings... how do we get fide id number....

duck_and_cover

You need to play 9 games against FIDE rated opponents within 2 years to obtain a FIDE rating.

robinson16

thanks! duck & cover but i hav a doubt that how they know i hav played 9 games with rated players.... what about getting fide id number...

duck_and_cover

You get your FIDE ID after your first games against FIDE rated players. You should be listed in the next list (or whenever your tournament is submitted) as 'unrated'.

It may be helpful to specify your FIDE ID in future tournament entries to avoid errors.

robinson16

but friend i have already played my first rated player 1684 in my first fide international tournament but i did not get any fide id number.. how will give this ...or where 2 see for fide id number....please give more details about this....waiting for ur reply

Can playing againt FIDE player at chess.com be considered as the fulfilling requirement to play 9 games against FIDE rated opponents within 2 years

duck_and_cover
robinson16 wrote:

but friend i have already played my first rated player 1684 in my first fide international tournament but i did not get any fide id number.. how will give this ...or where 2 see for fide id number....please give more details about this....waiting for ur reply

Have you checked at fide.com? Have you also checked if the tournament has been submitted?

Grumblesmurf
robinson16 wrote:

thanks! duck & cover but i hav a doubt that how they know i hav played 9 games with rated players.... what about getting fide id number...

If it is a Fide rated tournament, and your opponents were also Fide rated (with the ratings given I don't think this is necessarily the case) then Fide know the games. Ratings come out monthly now - wait a month, then check www.fide.com to see whether you are listed (go to ratings - all ratings).

You should see your part score, even if you are not actually rated (you need ALL 9 opponents to either be FIDE rated, or to get a FIDE rating by the end of the tournament - again, at lower levels this is by no means a given).

Grumblesmurf
42467 wrote:

Can playing again FIDE player at chess.com be considered as the fulfilling requirement to play 9 games against FIDE rated opponents within 2 years

No.

robinson16

thanks guys all for u r help....here is a link of my fide rated tournament results i.e, final raking list....(http://apchess.org/chess-results/?url=http://www.chess-results.com/tnr90962.aspx?art=1&lan=1&wi=821) friends open this link and click on robinson@144 in rank list....and comment whether i will get fide id number in one month after this tournament is sumbitted ....i like chess.com ....bcoz alots of chess friends available here for help....no where else i see this support.....

Grumblesmurf

Looking at the list of games, you played 6 rated players, 3 unrated. Of the 3 unrated, 2 had tournament performances under 1200, which means - I think - they can't be Fide rated (must perform over 1200 to get one).

So assume you'll have a part rating based on 7 games [of around 1300 I guess] - you will show on the Fide site as of the March list, but you won't show as having a Fide rating. As Estragon says, you now need another 2 games against rated players sometime in the next two years, AND to perform well enough so that your overall performance score doesn't go below 1200.

robinson16

thanks!!! @ chess friends!!!

robinson16

hello friends i got my fide id number ....35096079....