Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How does chess.com ratings compare with FIDE ratings?


  • 2 years ago · Quote · #41

    lefouissimo13

    All I am saying is this: cheating, opening books usage, playing much weaker opponents all the time and bullet games aside; you will not find a 1500+ player on chess.com who has a Fide rating of 1200. However you may well find many 1750 chess.com players who have Fide ratings in the 1900s. 

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #42

    nameno1had

    lefouissimo13 wrote:

    All I am saying is this: cheating, opening books usage, playing much weaker opponents all the time and bullet games aside; you will not find a 1500+ player on chess.com who has a Fide rating of 1200. However you may well find many 1750 chess.com players who have Fide ratings in the 1900s. 

    That view point does really encompass the truth.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #43

    PLAVIN79

    FIDESmile RATINGS ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT=ON LINE RATINGS ARE LESS SUPERIOR= FIDE IS ACEPTRD WORLD WIDE

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #44

    magfirefox

    Well if it helps, my USCF Quick Chess Rating (5 minute) is 2226 yet my Chess.com 3 minute rating is only about 1750.  My ICC 3 minute rating is about 1850.  My USCF over the board rating for 40 moves in 2 hours is about 2100.  I know a guy who is about 2450 in USCF over the board, and in ICC he can only hold about 2250.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #45

    spassky

    My estimation is:

    Chess.com rating - 400 = USCF rating

    Chess.com rating - 500 = FIDE rating 

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #46

    nameno1had

    spassky wrote:

    My estimation is:

    Chess.com rating - 400 = USCF rating

    Chess.com rating - 500 = FIDE rating 

    My estimation is that it depends on what you are comparing, whether it is live standard or correspondence...or even blitz here to fide....I am sure it varies....I saw one player here who's fide is 120 points lower and anothers who is about the same, but closer to 100 points different...

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #47

    waffllemaster

    magfirefox wrote:

    Well if it helps, my USCF Quick Chess Rating (5 minute) is 2226 yet my Chess.com 3 minute rating is only about 1750.  My ICC 3 minute rating is about 1850.  My USCF over the board rating for 40 moves in 2 hours is about 2100.  I know a guy who is about 2450 in USCF over the board, and in ICC he can only hold about 2250.

    Is it annoying to be expert level and be stuck playing 1700s online?  I mean the openings and strategies (if they exist at all) aren't very good.  I guess you just play off beat stuff or wild attacks and it says interesting?  Otherwise I think it would tend to feel like "well they played crap but caught me in a tactic again so I lose"

    I'm in the opposite situation BTW, my blitz is higher than my OTB rating.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #48

    magfirefox

    I have terrific fun playing online at most levels.  It seems that there is always something of interest.  Also, the 1700 level players that I play on Chess.com are every bit as tough as the 2000 rated players I play quick chess at "live" tournament sites in the USA.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #49

    magfirefox

    spassky wrote:

    My estimation is:

    Chess.com rating - 400 = USCF rating

    Chess.com rating - 500 = FIDE rating 

     

    That is sooo wrong.  My 2100 USCF over the board rating, and my 2226 (5 minute) Quick Chess rating (USCF) translates to a 1750 rating on chess.com (3 minute).   So, you're saying that my 1750 chess.com rating would be 1350 USCF ... and you're wrong!  You're about 700 to 800 points off.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #50

    waffllemaster

    magfirefox wrote:

    I have terrific fun playing online at most levels.  It seems that there is always something of interest.  Also, the 1700 level players that I play on Chess.com are every bit as tough as the 2000 rated players I play quick chess at "live" tournament sites in the USA.

    Maybe I should visit a live tourney someday :p

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #52

    ChessvsAliens

    waffllemaster wrote:

    It's more cut throat here?  Where we play free, anonymously, for no money, without giving up a weekend, and have aids like boards and databases, and knowing there may be differences in distraction or effort?  Where players with 3 days to move take 10 seconds?  I find that silly.  Tournament play is cut throat.  Online play is almost entirely casual.

     

    entirely true. my chess.com rating is 1600 and Fide rating is 1350 ( I am underrated though )

  • 11 months ago · Quote · #53

    Mr_Blackmar

    Don't play much on chess.com , but my Chesscube rating is between 600 and 700 points higher than my fide rating (I haven't played otb in a while)

  • 11 months ago · Quote · #54

    forrie

    so far it looks like

    chess.com rating plus/minus 500 = fide

    not very conclusive...

  • 5 months ago · Quote · #55

    CHEDRI

    how to get a fide rating 


Back to Top

Post your reply: