Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How much would you pay to play Carlsen in a simul?


  • 17 months ago · Quote · #62

    TetsuoShima

    even though it sounds somewhat logical, i still dont like picasso. 

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #63

    bobbyDK

    rascalnikov stem

    All those of you cheapoes who say that $100 that is enough not just for a game with Carlsen but also a dinner and analysis, have a look at this link:

    http://www.1000passions.com/en/entertainment-culture/listexpdetails/Play_Chess_With_Grandmaster_Magnus_Carlsen


    2600$ I wouldn't spend on chess, if I had to spent that kind of money I would go on vacation 2 weeks somewhere warm maybe Italy.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #64

    TetsuoShima

    bobbyDK wrote:
    rascalnikov stem

    All those of you cheapoes who say that $100 that is enough not just for a game with Carlsen but also a dinner and analysis, have a look at this link:

    http://www.1000passions.com/en/entertainment-culture/listexpdetails/Play_Chess_With_Grandmaster_Magnus_Carlsen


    2600$ I wouldn't spend on chess, if I had to spent that kind of money I would go on vacation 2 weeks somewhere warm maybe Italy.

    spain would be also cool

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #65

    makikihustle

    Nothing. But I might play him if I were paid $1,000 apearance fee.

    Any less and it would be a waste of time for both of us.

     

    People would really pay to play him? :D

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #66

    TetsuoShima

     i rather would hire a tea master who makes me the perfect tea for that money

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #67

    LongIslandMark

    Not worth a dime. It would be like me paying Nolan Ryan at his peak to bat against him (American Baseball). My only chance of getting on base would be to lean into a pitch and get hit by the ball - and where's the fun in that?

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #68

    rascalnikov

    LongIslandMark wrote:

    Not worth a dime. It would be like me paying Nolan Ryan at his peak to bat against him (American Baseball). My only chance of getting on base would be to lean into a pitch and get hit by the ball - and where's the fun in that?

    The fun is in touching the greatness. A memory for a lifetime.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #69

    WalangAlam

    The highest i can afford and he would accept as long as its a casual game and he would give me the moves with explanations so that i can beat him.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #70

    Abhishek2

    Dinner? lol.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #71

    shepi13

    Yereslov wrote:
    rascalnikov wrote:

    Carlsen would have owned Fischer's ass from here to Reykjavik...

    Not in the 1960's. He would be helpless in age where opening theory was just starting out and where one had no computer analysis to rely on.

    Let's be honest, Carlsen is a by-product of the computer age. If Fischer had the same exact benefits, he would be a God.

    I love how the 50% of people who worship Kasparov claim that Carlson has poor opening prep and doesn't analyze openings enough.

    The 50% who worship Fischer claim that without his opening prep he would be killed.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #72

    TetsuoShima

    shepi13 wrote:
    Yereslov wrote:
    rascalnikov wrote:

    Carlsen would have owned Fischer's ass from here to Reykjavik...

    Not in the 1960's. He would be helpless in age where opening theory was just starting out and where one had no computer analysis to rely on.

    Let's be honest, Carlsen is a by-product of the computer age. If Fischer had the same exact benefits, he would be a God.

    I love how the 50% of people who worship Kasparov claim that Carlson has poor opening prep and doesn't analyze openings enough.

    The 50% who worship Fischer claim that without his opening prep he would be killed.

    Well i would say Fischer would win either way.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #73

    sluck72

    I'd rather play Petrosian or Tal. I'd pay 1000$ for that. 

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #74

    TetsuoShima

    i would rather play Morphy or Fischer

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #75

    LongIslandMark

    rascalnikov wrote:
    LongIslandMark wrote:

    Not worth a dime. It would be like me paying Nolan Ryan at his peak to bat against him (American Baseball). My only chance of getting on base would be to lean into a pitch and get hit by the ball - and where's the fun in that?

    The fun is in touching the greatness. A memory for a lifetime.

    Okay - I could see that.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #76

    GenghisCant

    It's all relative.

    To some $2600 is a lot of money, to others it isn't.

    In comparison to ringside seats or a private box at a top football game, it's not that outrageous.

    I think the last David Haye fight was 1500 Euros for ringside and there was no one to one, dinner or analysis of his fight with him afterwards.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #77

    bobbyDK

    Genghiskhant stem

    It's all relative.

    To some $2600 is a lot of money, to others it isn't.

    In comparison to ringside seats or a private box at a top football game, it's not that outrageous.

    I think the last David Haye fight was 1500 Euros for ringside and there was no one to one, dinner or analysis of his fight with him afterwards.

    I bet some can even deduct the money saying it goes to charity if they have a smart auditor.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #78

    MSC157

    Nothing. I would pay 50€ to play Kasparov, 20€ Kramnik, others nothing. :)

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #79

    TetsuoShima

    but when you go to a boxing match you at least see hot women, when i have to look at Carlsen for 2 hours i at least want to get paid for having to do that.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #80

    TetsuoShima

    FEDTEL wrote:
    MSC157 wrote:

    Nothing. I would pay 50€ to play Kasparov, 20€ Kramnik, others nothing. :)

    exactly like me! but I'm stingy so 10€ to Kasparov and 4€ to Kramnik :D

    funny pic


Back to Top

Post your reply: