Forums

How to Beat Grandmasters at Chess

Sort:
Paradox356

Playing grandmasters can be intimidating, especially when you are rated far below the GM. The GM will likely have superior tactical ability, better positional understanding, a broader and deeper opening repetoire, superior endgame skills and in general will be a much better chess player than yourself. However, you must remember that you have one advantage: the GM is expecting an easy win and hence will be off his guard, and you can use this to your advantage. I will show you how to use this advantage to beat grandmasters with the following game:

I have beaten numerous grandmasters using this technique. I hope this helps you when you are faced against any grandmasters in the future.

heinzie
Paradox356 wrote:

I have beaten numerous grandmasters using this technique.

Give three examples

Paradox356
heinzie wrote:
Paradox356 wrote:

Give three examples

GM Kasparov, GM Fischer, and GM Alekhine.

darthgfresh

me too i have beaten 3 GMs this way to    loak van welly  fisher bobby...and   the last one was a GM elect holt  when holt was 12.....van welly didnt know what hit him Qx f7 mate... gg i did it too paradox....

kuleleng

nice move..

e4nf3

cheesy

chessblood

Hilarious.

chessblood
ChristianSoldier007 wrote:
Paradox356 wrote:
heinzie wrote:
Paradox356 wrote:

Give three examples

GM Kasparov, GM Fischer, and GM Alekhine.

three people from three different time periods...

You do realize this is a joke?!

NazgasamRyan
Retarded!
hankas
Paradox356 wrote:

Playing grandmasters can be intimidating, especially when you are rated far below the GM. The GM will likely have superior tactical ability, better positional understanding, a broader and deeper opening repetoire, superior endgame skills and in general will be a much better chess player than yourself. However, you must remember that you have one advantage: the GM is expecting an easy win and hence will be off his guard, and you can use this to your advantage. I will show you how to use this advantage to beat grandmasters with the following game:

I have beaten numerous grandmasters using this technique. I hope this helps you when you are faced against any grandmasters in the future.

I envy you. You live in a fantasy land. Don't wake up, because the truth bites.

chessmaster299o
Paradox356 wrote:

Not true, I think you beat grandmasters of losing.

AnxiousPetrosianFan

magnificent, stupid GM didn't see it coming. Will this work against top chess programs as well? I assume so, it is very subtle. 

MethEmatics
NazgasamRyan wrote:
Retarded!

That is offensive to the retards! They aren't this stupid. . . 

Caliphigia

Speak softly, and carry a big stick

icantthinkofaname1jk
Paradox356 wrote:

this method is perfect in the fictionous world of unicorns and flying monkeys.

also, the GM would most likley reply 2.g6 just so they can show off and crush your dreams, and then laugh at/with you about it after the game.

RhythmOfTheKnight0021

JnBartholomew wrote:

icantthinkofaname1jk menulis:
Paradox356 wrote:

this method is perfect in the fictionous world of unicorns and flying monkeys.

also, the GM would most likley reply 2.g6 just so they can show off and crush your dreams, and then laugh at/with you about it after the game.

2. .... g6?? loses the rook to 3.Qxe5+.

I do believe that him dropping the rook is part of his point.

TacticallyAtomic

Can’t you make him grab his king on move 2?   Then Ke7 Qxe5#

blueemu

A more reliable way to beat Grandmasters is with a large, heavy stick.

Admittedly, this is not tantamount to beating them at chess... although if you succeed in knocking them unconscious they will very likely lose on time.

sarvesh3008

this method is useless  i lost at least 50 times

LaxmiB52

Only if I employ the use of a certain Mr. Micky Finn.