Forums

How to do tactic puzzles daily ?

Sort:
achja

I'm giving some chess lessons (for free) to a few (less than 10) chess players.

I've asked them to do tactic puzzles daily.

And looking at their tactic statistics they either do 50 or 100 puzzles one time, and then nothing for several weeks or months, or ... they do a few puzzles once a month and irregular. Cry

I wonder what is the problem with doing a few (5) tactic puzzles each day ?

Did you have the same problem ?

Did you find a way for yourself to make it easy to do the tactic puzzles every day and keep up with that schedule ?

What do you do when your chess students are not listening to you ?

Vinedrinker

"I wonder what is the problem with doing a few (5) tactic puzzles each day?"

There are many like: lack of discipline, time, understanding the learning method and that sometimes less is more etc.

"Did you have the same problem?"

"Did you find a way for yourself to make it easy to do the tactic puzzles every day and keep up with that schedule?"

Yes. I had, but I realized what caused the problem. It was some kind of mixture of "chaos" I lived in and fast food like chess learning style. So the realizing process itself did the trick for me.  I believe each of your students should ask some more personal questions to themselves about chess and maybe finding answers to them will make them better.

"What do you do when your chess students are not listening to you ?"

You need to make them  believe that your method of teching will make them better chess players. Of course, only if they want to be chess players at all. Understanding the one's motiovation and learning process itself is crucial thing to do.

achja
Vinedrinker wrote:

"I wonder what is the problem with doing a few (5) tactic puzzles each day?"

There are many like: lack of discipline, time, understanding the learning method and that sometimes less is more etc.

"Did you have the same problem?"

"Did you find a way for yourself to make it easy to do the tactic puzzles every day and keep up with that schedule?"

Yes. I had, but I realized what caused the problem. It was some kind of mixture of "chaos" I lived in and fast food like chess learning style. So the realizing process itself did the trick for me.  I believe each of your students should ask some more personal questions to themselves about chess and maybe finding answers to them will make them better.

"What do you do when your chess students are not listening to you ?"

You need to make them  believe that your method of teching will make them better chess players. Of course, only if they want to be chess players at all. Understanding the one's motiovation and learning process itself is crucial thing to do.

Thank you very much !

That was insightful, and inspiring to read.

Smile