Forums

How to win every chess game

Sort:
NKB3

In every chess game, there are only two moves which a player will choose.   It's either he will choose the good move or the bad move.   As long as he could always find every good moves, he could never lose a chess game.

FlowerFlowers

oh

Chessroody

It sounds to be true, but wait! What about if your opponent is a lot better chess player than you are and easily turn your good move into bad? A good player can force his opponent to commit mistake which the latter is not fully aware of because as far as he is concerned everything is alright. That's how chess is supposed to be played, don't you think so?

Chessroody

To win every chess game is quite a feat  --you need to posses under your sleeves every trick in the book, excellent mental conditioning, intuition and a fighting heart.

NKB3

@Chessroody:  Every good move could never become a bad move.  Therefore there could never be  mistakes in all good moves.  If your opponent is much better than you are, but you always find every good move, chances are, you end up playing with that better chess player in a draw.  So, we don't have to worry if our opponnent is a super GM or a world chess champion.  As long as we find that good moves for every move we make, we could never lose a chess game.  Maybe a draw... Satisfied?      

Zuho

To win every chess game, play only with people who are 3 years old. I can tell you it really works.

Dragec
NKB3 wrote:

In every chess game, there are only two moves which a player will choose.   It's either he will choose the good move or the bad move.   As long as he could always find every good moves, he could never lose a chess game.

this sounds like an advice from Alan Ford comics : I you want to win you must not lose Cool

and BTW, you should change the headline, because you did not say how to win every game, just how you can't lose.

Dragec
Estragon wrote:

Dang!  Of course!

Just play all good moves, and you win!  Why didn't I think of that long ago?

He must have shouted Eureka once he thought of it.

volney
NKB3 wrote:

I agree with your thought, you always have to remember that the good move depends on what will happen in future moves if you take that move now!!! therefore, if you can foresee your opponent's move with the enough accuracy you have great posibilities to win every game! 

Twobit

Somebody who is a much better player than me (Dan Heisman, maybe?) said: "If you found a good move, look for a better one!" And, there are always so many bad moves (I always find them), how can you be sure you found the worst one? The easiest solution, winning with a single move would be simply to remove your opponent's king from the board. Why waste time with anything else?

orangehonda

Amateurs find good moves when there is only one thing to do.

Pros find good moves when there are many things to do.

That's the trouble.  When there are many "good" moves, what then?  Only the result of the game (and analysis) will prove whose moves were more correct (i.e. there's no way to tell before hand).  That's part of the excitement of an evenly matched game.

Not that I didn't recognize the trolling.

orangehonda
Twobit wrote:

Somebody who is a much better player than me (Dan Heisman, maybe?) said: "If you found a good move, look for a better one!" And, there are always so many bad moves (I always find them), how can you be sure you found the worst one? The easiest solution, winning with a single move would be simply to remove your opponent's king from the board. Why waste time with anything else?

Lasker's quote, if I remember.

Knightvanguard

Even Mr. Spock didn't win every game.

-waller-
NKB3 wrote:

In every chess game, there are only two moves which a player will choose.  

Look again at this part of your argument.

heinzie

Chess moves aren't as easily defined as "good" and "bad". The only universally good "type" of move delivers checkmate - the rest of the moves are just keeping up appearances and trying to live up to expectations ...

yoshtodd

Likewise, always hit a home run if you are a baseball player. If you play basketball, never miss when you shoot, no matter where it's from on the court. I could go on and on with this good advice, but I'll stop here.

NKB3
dnleary wrote:

genius!

thanx, I suppose you appreciate what i really mean.

Joseph-S
NKB3 wrote:
dnleary wrote:    27th September 2010, 08:14pm

genius!

thanx, I suppose you appreciate what i really mean.

Now,   6 months later,    you decide to reply?    Undecided

rooky_rookardo

"Aye, si," said the blind Spanish speaking man, in English...

nxavar

I think that we're having a philosophical discussion.