Forums

I am machine...

Sort:
erikido23

A blitz game I played....Took me a min or 2 but I knew be7 was wrong..Thank you tactics trainer

batgirl

I guess he told you!

BTW, nice game.

erikido23

hate when that happens I just did a bunch of analysis.  Anyways simply castling after q-g6 looks quite dangerous for black.  If they move the rook then both rooks will be dead for quite some time.  There is an idea of f4 and maybe even e5 if fxe.  Definitely not a position I would want to play as black.  There were even some forced drawing variations in some lines(wish I could remember where lol)

Phil_Kessel

Wow nice playing!

GMVillads

I recently had this position in a real chess game. I played 6. 0-0 and after the game my opponent showed me a very long forced variation and he said that it was very complicated if you dont know it!

NomadicKnight

Don't you just love a sore loser? I had someone type computer once... I took it as a compliment! Laughing

Chessman265

Somebody should run a Houdini vs Rybka on that position.

kco
tkbunny wrote:
Chessman265 wrote:

Somebody should run a Houdini vs Rybka on that position.

nah, we hv better - pfren 

+1 brain power is better.

TheGreatOogieBoogie

Computers aren't always reliable.  I calculated a line in an Ivanchuk game and thought it was a draw despite being material up due to the bishops not being able to meaningfully target anything and the king being able to keep the other one away.  However, the computer said black was winning!

I can't find the winning idea for black if there is one since it seems like the king keeps any pawn break through away while the pawns and bishop shut the king out on the queenside: