Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

I cant stand people who dont resign -.-

• 10 months ago · Quote · #361

dpnorman

I resign when I think I could beat Anand if I had my opponent's position against him.

• 10 months ago · Quote · #362

chess_gg

I would never ask someone to resign. Period.

But, I have been asked to resign...better yet, told that I am about to be squished like a bug -- and then I won!

But you see, I knew I still had a reasonable expectation of winning.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #363

rayice

I`ve always thought that there is a greater honour in resigning than to watch oneself being pushed to the edge and the eventual defeat. Defeat is anathama to some people, somehow they hope for an inspiring move that will reverse their fortunes. You cannot hold onto the early morning mist !!

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #364

chess_gg

I like it best when people don't talk at all when we play chess. That's how I learned, back in the day.

You can say "j'adoube" or "adjust" or ask for a draw...once. But that's about all.

And no one should ever be asked to resign. Anybody who does want to resign, say nothing. Just lay your king down.

A handshake is optional. I've always done it. But, nowadays, there are a lot of germs going around. Besides, I don't know where that hand has been. And I really don't even want to know. Do you?!

A fist bump would be better. We ought to get over this handshake thing. Ever shake someone's clammy hand and wish you had not?

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #365

nameno1had

I hate it when cheaters expect you to resign so that it shortens the game and thus the evidence that can be used to find them out....

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #366

motherinlaw

Hey, I never thought of this before, but if somebody is cheating by playing computer-calculated moves that enable him to win, he's actually, in the process, teaching Me useful tactics and strategies!   So thanks, cheaters!  ;-D  

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #367

nameno1had

motherinlaw wrote:

Hey, I never thought of this before, but if somebody is cheating by playing computer-calculated moves that enable him to win, he's actually, in the process, teaching Me useful tactics and strategies!   So thanks, cheaters!  ;-D  

There are less painful ways to learn that take from you what you are entitled to though...

Post your reply: