Forums

I cant stand people who dont resign -.-

Sort:
TitanCG

You should sit down. It could take a while. Also I'm not sure why you guys don't use conditional moves when the opponent stalls.. In winning positions I'm sure there are plenty of safe king moves you can make. Cool

WildTigress
TitanCG wrote:

You should sit down. It could take a while. Also I'm not sure why you guys don't use conditional moves when the opponent stalls.. In winning positions I'm sure there are plenty of safe king moves you can make. 

Who says we're not using conditional moves??

I always use conditional moves in forced chekmate patterns, or otherwise too. Doesn't make the problem any less as the opponent decides to move after 2 days 23 hours. It will STILL take 12 days to finish a game with forced chekmate in four.
And just cause the guys is upset at losing, and was playing much faster, like 5-6 moves a day, earlier in the game.

It's petty. I have enough respect and decency for my opponent to resign when I see a forced checkmate. I am certainly not childish enough to play on the clock last minute making him wait for many, many days.

TitanCG
WildTigress wrote:
TitanCG wrote:

You should sit down. It could take a while. Also I'm not sure why you guys don't use conditional moves when the opponent stalls.. In winning positions I'm sure there are plenty of safe king moves you can make. 

Who says we're not using conditional moves??

I always use conditional moves in forced chekmate patterns, or otherwise too. Doesn't make the problem any less as the opponent decides to move after 2 days 23 hours. It will STILL take 12 days to finish a game with forced chekmate in four.
And just cause the guys is upset at losing, and was playing much faster, like 5-6 moves a day, earlier in the game.

It's petty. I have enough respect and decency for my opponent to resign when I see a forced checkmate. I am certainly not childish enough to play on the clock last minute making him wait for many, many days.

Well hey you got a whole hour back! You could do all kinds of stuff in an hour.

Seriously though I'm not sure anything can be done about it. I usually take the entire three days to move even in winning positions so I don't notice it too much. If I have other games going the few stalled games just become an afterthought. 

The only thing I can think of is to just have a bunch of games going so that the won games lose significance. Use those conditional moves and speed things up when you can.

bobbyDK

if someone doesn't give up in a lost position. just take your time with making conditional move for most possible moves. I think if your opponent regardless what move he makes is met by "your move has triggered a conditional move" he will soon resign.

motherinlaw

Like I said before, when I'm clearly losing, I often ask, "Would you like to play out the endgame? Fine with me -- or I could just resign."

Since I tend to be disappaointed by a sudden, early resignation by my opponent, lately, when I'm clearly losing, I've been giving a warning --something like "Brace yourself -- somebody in this game will resign soon, and spoiler alert:  It won't be you.  ;-D"

AlCzervik

If I blunder in what was a pretty even game, I have written, "in my future I see...resignation!"

motherinlaw
AlCzervik wrote:

If I blunder in what was a pretty even game, I have written, "in my future I see...resignation!"

Nice. :-)