Forums

I cant stand people who dont resign -.-

Sort:
macer75

Oops, I just realized that invictusmorus is from the UK...

baddogno
LongIslandMark wrote:

I can't sit still for this and I can't stand for it. Guess I'm not sure what to do.

I'm just happy that I no longer feel a moral imperative to post in this kind of thread.  Oh wait...I just did. Laughing

macer75
baddogno wrote:
LongIslandMark wrote:

I can't sit still for this and I can't stand for it. Guess I'm not sure what to do.

I'm just happy that I no longer feel a moral imperative to post in this kind of thread.  Oh wait...I just did. 

Well, the fact that you did post in it doesn't mean that you posted because you felt a "moral imperative" to do so. So you posting doesn't contradict with the stament you just made.

nameno1had
LongIslandMark wrote:

Something tells me you aren't going to take it lying down either, are you ? lol

midknightblue

My finding is the one who doesn't resign might be a newbie, but the one who complains about it is almost always the real fool.

nameno1had

If you aren't prepared to play a game of chess until the end, don't start what you aren't prepared to finish. No one owes it to you to give you anything. If they make you earn it, tough $#!t, quit your b!t@#!ng, no one really cares or want to hear it ....

...or my uncle used to say, don't dish out what you can't take it....cry baby

dpnorman

I resign when I think I could beat Anand if I had my opponent's position against him.

rayice

I`ve always thought that there is a greater honour in resigning than to watch oneself being pushed to the edge and the eventual defeat. Defeat is anathama to some people, somehow they hope for an inspiring move that will reverse their fortunes. You cannot hold onto the early morning mist !!

nameno1had

I hate it when cheaters expect you to resign so that it shortens the game and thus the evidence that can be used to find them out....

motherinlaw

Hey, I never thought of this before, but if somebody is cheating by playing computer-calculated moves that enable him to win, he's actually, in the process, teaching Me useful tactics and strategies!   So thanks, cheaters!  ;-D  

nameno1had
motherinlaw wrote:

Hey, I never thought of this before, but if somebody is cheating by playing computer-calculated moves that enable him to win, he's actually, in the process, teaching Me useful tactics and strategies!   So thanks, cheaters!  ;-D  

There are less painful ways to learn that take from you what you are entitled to though...

Quickdraw45

Chess etiquette says you should resign when you know it's hopeless. This isn't something I made up. Pick up a book on the subject. Even the book "Chess For Dummies" tells you that! It doesn't matter what anyone else says or posts on this thread. This rule of etiquette has been around forever. I had a guy drag on a game forever that was hopeless. Not only that he took a total of 5 separate vacations for this one game. Obviously I won't play that person again.

NightKingx

Everyone resigns when they want and thats it. There are people who resign when you take a pawn, and I feel like "came on, you can still beat me!" and there are people who never resign and wait for a miracleous stalemate or whatever. Learn to stand it, it is part of the game.

Peace

justus_jep

Sometimes I am the worst chess player who ever lived. This game is proof that you should never ever resign. Play to the kings. Now please excuse me, I need to bang my head against the nearest wall. 

bobbyDK
justus_jep skrev:

Sometimes I am the worst chess player who ever lived. This game is proof that you should never ever resign. Play to the kings. Now please excuse me, I need to bang my head against the nearest wall. 

below 1300 you should never resign, people should be forced to demonstrate their chess skill. that they can win an obvious won game.

LesuhAn

OK, I know it was made 20 months ago but post #17 had me laughing so hard! :D :D

I resign only when I am clearly dead, no stalemate or possible opponent blunder in sight. If someone agrees to play a game with me, I expect them to play. And possibly, even thank me for letting them practice their endgame and giving them the satisfaction of checkmate.

NightKingx

What differece does it make that it was 20 months ago? Is it like if they guy who posted it could already be dead? lol

LesuhAn

Well, I guess that is possible, but I sure hope, not. :/ I was thinking that the guy wouldn't even remember what he said so long ago! :)

Doggy_Style

You can stand it with Bandit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hcMOIjA6F4

This tune always sounds in my head, when people say "I can't stand it!"

WildTigress

I think the worst is meeting these kind of players in online chess. Especially in 3 day tournaments. Say there is a four move forced checkmate.
They get mad for losing (this is especially players +-100 my own rating.
So they will make one move at the last day, and repeat. Instead of resigning. That's many days of waiting for the forced checkmate.

That is annoying. It is even worse if they had a winning/better position earlier and blunder. That's not my fault. But they get sooo mad and refuse to move or resign.