Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

I don't improve in chess?


  • 17 months ago · Quote · #41

    royalbishop

    Do not try to change the subject here. It is about Improving.

    But it is clear you have no respect for anybody. You want your name with caps twice. Why not the same to a GM after which your game would be as weak as hell. Not just yours but all of us. They put in blood an time to improve chess. The least you can do is type GM and not "gm".  And us Caps on when spelling their name Capablanca and not capablanca like he was street trash.

    And my name is royalbishop not royal. It is clear your respect has no bounds with a person name or title. This not your thread and it was pointed out once and done again. I feel like i am talking to a child that just does not get it.

    I am just going to end it with

    GM Capablanca

    .

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #42

    TetsuoShima

    no you are the one disrespecting, why call him gm and not ex world champion? 

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #43

    GenghisCant

    Always funny when the spelling / grammar police misspell things themselves (or fail to formulate a coherent sentence)

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #44

    royalbishop

    "Ex World Champion"......... I am going to let that respond as you have just offended everybody that has become a champion at whatever they love to do serously.

    Want to know how to improve at chess here. When they say your game is weak and they will say it without blinking an eye. Just improve. This will come from some....... some player 300+ stronger. Trust me they will continue to watch your games lone after they throw insult after insult. Turn that into motivation. In about a year all you will hear is silence. Trust me on this one.

    I am Admin of a couple of groups. And many laughed when i first started those groups. Have to say my finest was when my group beat several of the top 20 teams in a Team Match and we have less than 200 members and the average top group has 3 time that size easily. Why did we win? We wanted it more. They also took us for granted. We played all the top teams on a consistang level the first 6 months. And never lost to any of them. Wish i could say the same for the avearge teams. 

    Faith in your ability to get better has to a foundation which we can not teach you here is this thread. Other will get jealous and that is a select few about what i just posted here. But that is the real key that will help you improve at any level when times get tough.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #45

    Pleasure_Paradigm

    Develop an opening repetoire. For the first 40 years I believed that "Tactics are 99% of Chess." WRONG!! No tactical strike can develop when you have a superior position! I recommend "Positional Play" by Dvoretsky and Yusopov.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #46

    TetsuoShima

    Pleasure_Paradigm wrote:

    Develop an opening repetoire. For the first 40 years I believed that "Tactics are 99% of Chess." WRONG!! No tactical strike can develop when you have a superior position! I recommend "Positional Play" by Dvoretsky and Yusopov.

    then look in the thread most underrated player, and look at the queen sac from mikhailnishin, no opponening repertoire would have saved you.

    Yes well i think tactic is still most important, but will i ever be able to get as tactically strong as strong players??

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #47

    royalbishop

    Pleasure_Paradigm wrote:

    Develop an opening repetoire. For the first 40 years I believed that "Tactics are 99% of Chess." WRONG!! No tactical strike can develop when you have a superior position! I recommend "Positional Play" by Dvoretsky and Yusopov.

    How many pages?  How many games will you say you won becuase you have read this book? About how many.

    I have had so many recommended to me in the last month i had to cut down my list. The that did not make my list was a book that cost over $200.00. As i feel no chess book is worth that amount.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #48

    wyh2013

    royalbishop,I am not sure if I can go with you because I am sure that more than 70% people will just spell GM Capablanca as gm capablanca.I do like your capitalization concept but it doesn't seem to work for me to convince others' on it.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #49

    royalbishop

    They talk about grammar yet they do not type GM instead of gm.

    I know this story. When a player here that is 500+ stronger  suggest something they have a tendencey to try to find a reason not to do it.

    I once saw a group of players insult a well know WGM here. And they were dead wrong and not even close to being right. Funny how her point was proven months later to them anyway. She already proven her point as they made themselves look bad.

    A Doctor is not dr a President is not pres or prez. It is about the lack of respect here. They are behind a computer and have the heart of a lion. Almost all your entire game came from some of those GM's like Capablanca directly or indirectly via another player. They put time and blood into improving chess to the game it is now.

    Now if the GM did something you do not like in his life then show your lack of respect in that area. They earned their title and thus they deserve GM and not gm of Gm or gM. Maybe that is why they charge so much for coaching lessons as you give them their due respect out of your pocket. Which seems to be the only way to get respect from this generation of players than run rapid. Not sure what percentage of them  do this. But when a few of them do this is feels like a huge crowd(speaking from my view only).

    I have an IM i do not like here but i am not going to type "im username". Will they care i doubt it too much as they have tough skin. But if it is seen infront of thousands of people alll bets are off and i do not want to be no were near when it goes down because it is going to be brutal.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #50

    GenghisCant

    royalbishop, you are missing the point. You brought up the gm / GM thing, yet your own posts are full of horrible punctuation, poor sentence structure and spelling mistakes. It is extremely hypocritical to berate someone for poor capitalisation while not being able to formulate a sentence properly yourself.

    Reading your posts, it would appear to me that English is probably not your first language. That's fine. That explains the errors I mention above. It is just hard to take someone seriously when they are having a go at others for grammatical / spelling / capitalisation errors in this format.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #51

    royalbishop

    Not that i am not able it is 14 hrs plus what  you have to do does not equal what i have to here. And to add to it i have to talk about this. and to add play my games and not get behind.

    All he has to do is type GM  and it is not a thing. When a person is wrong they are wrong and your defending it. Yeah i admit my grammar and i also   give the reason for it. It may not be the best but you can understand it and how it is happening.

    GM is a simple thing so it is not about grammar he hides behind that and it is really the issue of simple R-E-S-P-E-C-T! People attack people here so quickly. Yeah some of it should be just brushed off as it is just talk. Funny call them "gm username" a few times when you want something from them and see how they respond in a public thread. They do not even attempt it. That type of behavior will not be tolerated by them and they have no reason to tolerate it. It like somebody spelling your name wrong or saying your name incorrectly and they say they do that to everybody. Now i am not a violent person but i will tell them you have just one more time to do that as my parents gave me a name. I have met people like that and they think they are so funny.

    Hey but what goes around comes around. When it comes around they cry foul. It shows the lack of how your parents raised you as a child. If a person has a title i treat it as such.

    Try that a job with the person writing your paycheck. Do Mother's Day cards say mother's day when they sign them. No why because for a whole year until the next Mother's Day your not only going to hear it from your Mom but every Mother she comes across and your going to get unheard of level of Nagging!

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #52

    GenghisCant

    'What I have to do does not equal what you have to here' - I'm not sure what this means, given that is is jibberish. It could either refer to English not being your first language, which would make sense, or that you assume you have a busier job than most. Given that you have no idea what most people here do for a living, this would be a little presumptious.

    You speak about respect but show none yourself.

    You call my parents into question but, one simple thing my mother did teach me (that I find fitting here) is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Obviously your mother missed that out during her superior parenting.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #53

    royalbishop

    So you say it is ok for him to continue to type "gm capablanca" ?

    That would be a big fat no.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #54

    GenghisCant

    (facepalm)

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #55

    royalbishop

    Genghiskhant wrote:

    'What I have to do does not equal what you have to here' - I'm not sure what this means, given that is is jibberish. It could either refer to English not being your first language, which would make sense, or that you assume you have a busier job than most. Given that you have no idea what most people here do for a living, this would be a little presumptious.

    You speak about respect but show none yourself.

    You call my parents into question but, one simple thing my mother did teach me (that I find fitting here) is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Obviously your mother missed that out during her superior parenting.

    Altering what i typed like i did not check it now.

    " what  you have to do does not equal what i have to here"  That is what i typed in comment #52. So now your not only defending wrong but now your changing the content of what i said here. And plus you took only part of it.

    Your method is not ethical as i had to use highlight view to find it. And still it was hard to find in a few seconds. Ok now that you had to play dirty to try to prove something everything you have said is now mute.

    When and when i do have bad grammar i will take what is due. And will explain that i am on for over 14hrs at a time. I am also an Admin on several teams with different tasks on each of them.  Also said it might happen again and will make adjustments.

    But GM Capablanaca is a great chess player. Almost all of us have benefited from him directly or indirectly via another player and last but not least he is dead. But alive in spirit. GM Capablanca it is then. Is it ok for him to now type gm capablanca in the future because of what i did? That would be a big fat no.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #56

    GenghisCant

    hahahaha

    By that logic, absolutely everything that comes out of your mouth is 'mute' (you mean 'moot')

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #57

    GenghisCant

    TacticalSymphony wrote:
    Genghiskhant wrote:

    hahahaha

    By that logic, absolutely everything that comes out of your mouth is 'mute' (you mean 'moot')

    Why are you just trolling every single thread you see? 

    Reported.

    Well this is just sad.

    I wonder if you can report someone for following you to a thread they have had no input into just to tell you they are reporting you.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #58

    hakim2005

    tactics and simple endgames

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #59

    K4rbon

    I watched a video lesson on how to analize a position, and now I understand a little more of chess. I continue seeing video lessons, studying grandmaster matches, reading books and playing slow matches to become stronger!

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #60

    K4rbon

    I show little improvements as I stop playing blitz


Back to Top

Post your reply: