Forums

I hate chess.

Sort:
trysts

One should always direct their hatred towards inanimate objectsWink

cabadenwurt

Nice recent posts, but it's still nearly 2 hours to Supper-time here  lol. 

trysts
chrisr2212 wrote:
trysts wrote:

One should always direct their hatred towards inanimate objects

"hatred" is just an acronym for "thread"

It depends on what colour hat you wear.

lobosolo21
Joseph-S wrote:
dashofchutmeg wrote:

Nothing has ever frustrated me the way chess frustrates me. In the span of about 15 games, I've lost what... 13? And every time I want to put my fist through a wall.

Does anyone else feel like beating the piss out of something when they play? Because I hate this ****ing game.

This was after my last game!

Aren't you a relative of certain dude named Bruce Banner who turns green when he gets mad Joseph??Yell hehehe

dashofchutmeg
e4nf3 wrote:

And 'dashofchutmeg', try to remember how great you feel when you win against a stronger player.

Perhaps you are assuming too much.

Wonderful irony.

CerebralAssassin

Bobby hates chess too...so you're in good company Laughing

kevinplayer

perhaps you might try meditation

transpo
dashofchutmeg wrote:
e4nf3 wrote:

And 'dashofchutmeg', try to remember how great you feel when you win against a stronger player.

Perhaps you are assuming too much.

Wonderful irony.

What is the opposite of irony

Why it's wrinkly, of course

bobbyDK
CerebralAssassin wrote:

Bobby hates chess too...so you're in good company

but isn't he right about bookmoves at some level? Roman made a lot of opening videos and if you memorize all moves and variations in the opening and the theory. you basically play the opening at GM level. not at clublevel but at grandmaster level. in middle game you play at normal level. people even study grandmaster games in their favorit opening and continue to play grandmaster moves after the opening. 

boglejubo

have you tried punching yourslef in the side of the head every time you loose?

I did it once and it improved my game drasticly.

CerebralAssassin
bobbyDK wrote:
CerebralAssassin wrote:

Bobby hates chess too...so you're in good company

but isn't he right about bookmoves at some level? Roman made a lot of opening videos and if you memorize all moves and variations in the opening and the theory. you basically play the opening at GM level. not at clublevel but at grandmaster level. in middle game you play at normal level. people even study grandmaster games in their favorit opening and continue to play grandmaster moves after the opening. 

yeah of course...the funny thing about this interview is I agree with what he says here...even though many consider him a madman.he knows what he's talking about as far as chess goes (in other topics......that's debatable Tongue Out)

of course it'd be useless for a club player to memorize too much theory as most club players diverge from theory anyway

Morris_W3
dashofchutmeg wrote:

Nothing has ever frustrated me the way chess frustrates me. In the span of about 15 games, I've lost what... 13? And every time I want to put my fist through a wall.

Does anyone else feel like beating the piss out of something when they play? Because I hate this ****ing game.

Don't worry ..... I've hated it for about 50 years.

Lallen526

I think the reason you always want to put your fist through a wall is because you are very bad. I think there are probably places where 5 year olds play where you could post a .500 record. Here on chess.com though where people are of higher intelligence than you, you are only going to continue to lose and get mad about it. 

chesst222

Sometimes I look at the record of a guy I just barely beat in a tough game and it shows he lost the last 4 or so...Losing streaks can be depressing but that doesn't mean you aren't playing some great chess

TonyH

Just wait until you have kids.... Tongue out

TonyH

actually yes!! Paided to have one braided into her hair....Tongue out

Saint-Paulia
shequan wrote:

because you have become addicted to blitz or bullet chess. this is what happens when you don't know the truth about blitz and bullet, you experience freakish episodes of rage and anger that are completely uncalled for. to echo others on this thread, you need to realize that internet blitz and bullet isn't real chess, but a video game, thus you shouldn't take it so seriously really, it means nothing. it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself.

+1. (Someone else who agrees with me!) It isn't real chess. Real chess is 30 mins. or more. This gives time to THINK not just react. Chess is a game of thinking. Chess takes time. It takes patience. It takes consideration and evaluation. Chess is civilized. Video games, however....

Kingpatzer

30 minutes, frankly, is far to quick for a good game. I spent 30 minutes on one move last night at my regular thursday night OTB tournament.

nameno1had

I look at it this way. If you have mastered what not to do, figuring out what to do should be that much easier. I once had an old mad destroy me in a game of chess. I asked him how many games I needed to win in order to be good. He told me I wouldn't be good until I had lost a thousand games. I am not sure if I have lost 500. It seems like a ton of losses for me inspite of this.

TonyH

I read somewhere where a master said that if you are thinking more than 10-15 min about a move likely its too long and your doing something wrong. 
(i would recommend soltis-how to choose a chess move)