Forums

I have a must win tournament in 2 months

Sort:
chess_jawa

The pickles are very important for this.

AndyClifton
ChrisWainscott wrote:

You can get just as good without a coach as you can with a coach.

However, you will do it MUCH faster with a coach.

I don't really agree with that...all you need are a few friends about your strength going to tourneys with you and looking over each other's games (that's what I did...and we all made it to 2100 at least).  Save your money...at least until you're good enough to really merit a coach. Wink

AndyClifton

Then I suppose it's worth it for you.  But I improved early on in leaps and bounds just by playing and reading books.  And I never had a coach (I don't think there even were such things back then, at least not in America).  If you don't have a lot of money to spend, I would spend it on entry fees and books rather than hiring a personal assistant.

AndyClifton

Yeah, another one of these guys who thinks that anybody disagreeing with him is being a "wet blanket."  Why don't you go give yourself another hug, Hurricane?  Just because you're such a special person.

AndyClifton

Who said it was?

AndyClifton

That's your interpretation of things...and a decidedly narrow interpretation it is too. Smile

Shivsky

Ah yes, time to pull this one out again:

chess_jawa
HurricaneMichael1 wrote:
AndyClifton wrote:

Yeah, another one of these guys who thinks that anybody disagreeing with him is being a "wet blanket."  Why don't you go give yourself another hug, Hurricane?  Just because you're such a special person.

I do think of me self as special, but being happy isn't bad.

Bieng happy is aweful. Happyness will get you disapointed. Also don't forget the pickles. They are better than a coach.

chess_jawa
HurricaneMichael1 wrote:

What the heck is "aweful"?!

awful sorry. aweful is full of awe but I want disgusting and bad.

chess_jawa
HurricaneMichael1 wrote:

What do you take me for, an idiot? Of course I know what "awful" is and I knew what you meant.

So you ask why? If you know what I mean then why do you ask?

chess_jawa

Exactly

AndyClifton
chess_jawa wrote:
aweful is full of awe but I want disgusting and bad.

If you go back far enough, "awful" used to mean "full of awe."

chess_jawa
AndyClifton wrote:
chess_jawa wrote:
aweful is full of awe but I want disgusting and bad.

If you go back far enough, "awful" used to mean "full of awe."

Both did at some point. Sarcasm is pointless because if you use it we laugh at you. Also why bother use sarcasm when you can be doing stuff. Why are we sitting at our computers arguing on a chess forum. We could be fighting for our country or other useful things but we can't sleep BECAUSE SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET IS WRONG.

chess_jawa
HurricaneMichael1 wrote:

Um, you're kinda weird.

Yes very.

chess_jawa

See the "are we wierdos?" forum for more.

AndyClifton

Even if you don't want to, you must.  Because it turns out that we don't have free will.

chess_jawa

yes very.

AndyClifton

Actually, you should've turned off tracking in nausea: