Forums

I JUST BEAT A 2000+ AT LIVE CHESS!!!

Sort:
StevenBailey13

Whooo!!!!

I am rather pleased with myself, especially as I am quite young! But the game was accidentally unrated!!!!

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Sorry I am unable to post the game.

Time to play The Rocky theme!!!

StevenBailey13
echecs06 wrote:

That is maybe why he let you win!

That was uncalled for! :-)

But I don't think he threw me the game - it was close. And it was just that he missed my combination to get a passed pawn and resigned.

arekay619

u know wat we 2000 players sometimes just resigh becoz its unrated

onf if with a less rated player

with sum1 of same level we fight till death 

i mean till we loose

Chesserroo2

I almost lost to a 600 at live chess. The 600 played like a 1400 at first, finally winning one of my center pawns. Then I set up a discover pin of my opponent's queen to king. The 600 fell for it, and simply stopped making moves.

Raweno

nice! congrats 2 u sir!

Verthandi

now you just gotta beat a 2.5k player

atarw
Chesserroo2 wrote:

I almost lost to a 600 at live chess. The 600 played like a 1400 at first, finally winning one of my center pawns. Then I set up a discover pin of my opponent's queen to king. The 600 fell for it, and simply stopped making moves.

Really, the same almost happend with me!
I was playing an 800, who played like a 2000, (probably using a computer) but I turned the tables after he thought he didn't need to use the computer!

This happened a while back, so I dont have the game record. 

enprise1234

I guess once you do the same thing rated you will be doubly excited :)  Good job even if you don't have the game record.

TheNewGuyInTown

I once beat a 2000+ player on my old account. at the time I was rated about 500. Happiest day in chess history.

enprise1234

So he's quitting chess after this win?

I felt this way when I beat the ChessMaster program before there was an Internet.  It was a Ruy Lopez and I don't have the game record lol :)