Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

i just dont know how magnus does it


  • 19 months ago · Quote · #101

    tigergutt

    varelse1 wrote:

    Magnus Carlsen is the product of a privleged lifestyle. Having every concievable advantage handed to him on a silver platter, he has slid into the top slot in the world chess scene, without ever having to apply even an honest days effort to achieve it.

    In the meanwhile, honest people worldwide break their backs just trying to keep enough food on the table to fed their families. And in the few minutes the can spare from their hectic days, get on chess.com and look at those 64 squares in confusion. Wondering how those priovleged few like Magnus Carlsen seem so at home in this confusing universe. When if fact, any one of us could do what they do. IF we had that much free time to practice it!

    What Carsen does isn't talent. It's spoilage!

    The moral? Carlsen does not deserve our admiration. He stands as a reminder of how none of us can trust the system!

    Im confused

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #102

    Irontiger

    tigergutt wrote:
    varelse1 wrote:

    Magnus Carlsen is the product of a privleged lifestyle. Having every concievable advantage handed to him on a silver platter, he has slid into the top slot in the world chess scene, without ever having to apply even an honest days effort to achieve it.

    In the meanwhile, honest people worldwide break their backs just trying to keep enough food on the table to fed their families. And in the few minutes the can spare from their hectic days, get on chess.com and look at those 64 squares in confusion. Wondering how those priovleged few like Magnus Carlsen seem so at home in this confusing universe. When if fact, any one of us could do what they do. IF we had that much free time to practice it!

    What Carsen does isn't talent. It's spoilage!

    The moral? Carlsen does not deserve our admiration. He stands as a reminder of how none of us can trust the system!

    Im confused

    I have never seen that post that you quote from varelse, and do not believe he would have posted it.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #103

    TetsuoShima

    he really said that and i said its an illusion he worked probably harder then most poor people in my honest opinion

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #104

    tigergutt

    irontiger can you at least check your facts before talking bad about others? the comment i quoted is right there at the bottom of page 3

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #105

    Irontiger

    tigergutt wrote:

    irontiger can you at least check your facts before talking bad about others? the comment i quoted is right there at the bottom of page 3

    My fault, forgot about it. I apologize.

    @Tetsuo : Although it is possible that Carlsen worked "harder than most poor people", it is also very possible than "most poor people" precisely can't get a decent job no matter how hard they try.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #106

    varelse1

    I posted it. I was talking out my backside that evening.  I am/was very much aware nothing I said in that post holds up to reason.

    Thank you for the vote of confidence though, iron tiger.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #107

    Irontiger

    varelse1 wrote:

    I posted it. I was talking out my backside that evening.  I am/was very much aware nothing I said in that post holds up to reason.

    Thank you for the vote of confidence though, iron tiger.

    The bad Smealcohol was taking over ?

    Sorry. Couldn't resist.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #108

    MrDamonSmith

    Yeah, I thought it was a joke, making fun of the ones on the thread that were saying similar stuff but worded differently

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #109

    TetsuoShima

    Irontiger wrote:
    varelse1 wrote:

    I posted it. I was talking out my backside that evening.  I am/was very much aware nothing I said in that post holds up to reason.

    Thank you for the vote of confidence though, iron tiger.

    The bad Smealcohol was taking over ?

    Sorry. Couldn't resist.

    i agree that was very rude form my side to take it seriously. But to be very honest, for people not used to blunders it would be a really great explanation why 2 strong GMs missed such an obvious tactical shot.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #110

    AndyClifton

    naturalproduct wrote:

    I don't believe in psychology (luck too?)....I believe in good moves. 

    Fischer was onto more than he thought

    Considering all the psyching he did on Spassky in their first match...I don't know about that.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #111

    AndyClifton

    pfren wrote:

    The poor boy did not know that Larry and Tony had prearranged a draw... 



    Wow, and I was at that tournament! (I mean, spectating).

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #112

    waffllemaster

    AndyClifton wrote:
    naturalproduct wrote:

    I don't believe in psychology (luck too?)....I believe in good moves. 

    Fischer was onto more than he thought

    Considering all the psyching he did on Spassky in their first match...I don't know about that.

    Yeah, there are a number of WC quotes I think are dumb... of course you can say these things when the #2 player in the world is nearly a class below you.  You only believe in good moves?  Yes, you have the luxury lol.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #113

    TetsuoShima

    waffllemaster wrote:
    AndyClifton wrote:
    naturalproduct wrote:

    I don't believe in psychology (luck too?)....I believe in good moves. 

    Fischer was onto more than he thought

    Considering all the psyching he did on Spassky in their first match...I don't know about that.

    Yeah, there are a number of WC quotes I think are dumb... of course you can say these things when the #2 player in the world is nearly a class below you.  You only believe in good moves?  Yes, you have the luxury lol.

    why was it dumb if he doesnt believe in it and he also has no reason to believe in it??

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #114

    Sunofthemorninglight

    Fischer didn't just look for the best moves, when he got bored with that he looked for incomprehensible moves. Then he looked at his opponent after playing it to observe the opponent's mind collapse (unfortunately for himself, he played one incomprehensible move too many). You saw it first on chess.com. Believe it ... or not.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #115

    AndyClifton

    TetsuoShima wrote:
    why was it dumb if he doesnt believe in it and he also has no reason to believe in it??

    Well, that's what he said anyway (or claimed).  Self-awareness never really seemed to be Fischer's forte.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #116

    varelse1

    AndyClifton wrote:
    TetsuoShima wrote:
    why was it dumb if he doesnt believe in it and he also has no reason to believe in it??

    Well, that's what he said anyway (or claimed).  Self-awareness never really seemed to be Fischer's forte.

    It was dumb, because the person saying it was a complete moron.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #117

    TetsuoShima

    varelse1 wrote:
    AndyClifton wrote:
    TetsuoShima wrote:
    why was it dumb if he doesnt believe in it and he also has no reason to believe in it??

    Well, that's what he said anyway (or claimed).  Self-awareness never really seemed to be Fischer's forte.

    It was dumb, because the person saying it was a complete moron.

    i disagree maybe FIscher was even smarter then anyone who ever posted on a Forum.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #118

    Irontiger

    TetsuoShima wrote:

    i disagree maybe FIscher was even smarter then anyone who ever posted on a Forum.

    Define 'smart'.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #119

    LoekBergman

    I tend to agree with any assertion around maybe. No further questions.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #120

    TetsuoShima

    Irontiger wrote:
    TetsuoShima wrote:

    i disagree maybe FIscher was even smarter then anyone who ever posted on a Forum.

    Define 'smart'.

    that was pretty smart


Back to Top

Post your reply: