Forums

I need your Help Australians!

Sort:
DavidJMarsh

Hi!

I am looking for Strong/CRUSHING games played by Australians. I want to make my own new version of Australian Chess Briliancies. If you have a game/puzzle and you're Autralian, please tell me and post on this forum. 

PS: You need to have Both Players Real Life Name to make the puzzle or game

ControlFreakAus

What exactly is a Briliancy?

DavidJMarsh

A VERY good game

ControlFreakAus

I've never heard the term used as a noun before (and it is spelled (or spelt) with a double 'l' :-p)

DavidJMarsh

I AM A LOSER AT TYPING

ivandh

Don't you mean a looser?

DavidJMarsh

I TOLD YOU. AND MYOB Kyrgyzstan Guy Also, the games don't need to be to be chess.com, they can be OTB or chess.com games, or any Correspondence chess website

pelly13

I know a lot of good games i.e by GM Ian Rogers , but since I'm not from down-under , I am not allowed to join this thread.

I can't wait to see the " 'ello dingo " variation of the "ayers rock" solid opening.

ControlFreakAus

I hope you were being ironic ivandh - while LOSER is in caps, it is still the correct word.

gaereagdag

Watson's win over Reti was a great game. Laughing

DavidJMarsh

Do you have the game? Please show me. Yes pelly13, I'm doing my research on the Fritz 12 database. That goes until 2009, and doesn't mention a lot of Begginer games or recent games. I'm just looking for them here

gaereagdag

Watson beat Reti in a long endgame in the UK [ about 1920?] ; Watson was the stronngest Australian player of that time. He played in an invitational event that included Alekhine and other masters.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1093053

pelly13

What happened to the Ned Kelly's overthere ? No hero's left in Aussia ?

DrSpudnik

Brilliancy used to be determined by a collection of GMs after the tournament. They'd give a "brilliancy prize" to the best game. I'm not sure they still give these out. We have more Super GMs and fewer brilliancies.

RomyGer

In Wikipedia you will find 48 names of Australian chess players and in the specific articles a lot of nice games.

HenryTheTHIRD

Ill show you a game which was awesome and I won