Forums

Is arguing about whether chess is a sport or a game a sport or a game?

Sort:
AndyClifton

Or is it more like a way of life?

WokeryWizard

AndyClifton

Or perhaps it is a science...

corrijean

Or a matter of semantics.

bullethunder

YOU STOLE MY IDEA.

waffllemaster

It's an art.

AndyClifton
bullethunder wrote:

YOU STOLE MY IDEA.

Only to lampoon it mercilessly (believe me, you can keep your stupid idea...although I'm not sure how it can be yours, since it's been coming up for years around here).

AndyClifton

Okay, is judo a sport or a game?  Or is it just a really sneaky way of tripping people?

AndyClifton

Are the Olympics games, or are they sports?  Are sports games?  Is art all one big game?  Is science an art?

theoreticalboy

This is absurd, what, are you going to say chess players are capable of sensible argument next?  Have you actually read these forums?

TheGrobe

Arguing on the Internet, in general, is a way of life.

eppopop
AndyClifton wrote:

Are the Olympics games, or are they sports?  Are sports games?  Is art all one big game?  Is science an art?

they are all hobbies and the lucky ones get paid.

AndyClifton
theoreticalboy wrote:

This is absurd, what, are you going to say chess players are capable of sensible argument next?  Have you actually read these forums?

Are you actually from Chicago?

Hey wait, you're that guy who was giving Peepee a hard time!

AndyClifton
eppopop wrote:
AndyClifton wrote:

they are all hobbies and the lucky ones get paid.

Aha, so getting paid is the real art! Smile

Peedee
Hey! Don't call me Peedee Andy, especially since I've been nice to you. I might start making fun of your post count or rating.
AndyClifton

Hey, I called you Peepee! (damn martial artists think they know everything)...

Peedee
How rude
AndyClifton

AndyClifton
chrisr2212 wrote:

isn't it a [poop]load of pieces running around inside your head, so it's an athletics sport right?

Actually, in mine it's more like they're jogwalking (okay, more like they're waiting at a bus station).

Peedee
I can't stand you?! I don't even know you. I'm a pretty calm dude, not much rattles me. I certainly wouldn't say I can't stand you. You said something about me campaigning to have chess made a synonym for tiddlywinks or something like that. For that I would consider you a bit odd but I have no hatred for you.