Forums

Is arguing about whether chess is a sport or a game a sport or a game?

Sort:
Conflagration_Planet

What if it's discovered the Standard Model is wrong, and the Higgs boson doesn't exist?

Conflagration_Planet

Now he drinks all the time.

sapientdust

Technically, I think it's a mental disease.

UnratedGamesOnly

ilikeflags

anything it takes to get lordnazgul to call me an idiot, or woodshover to call me an asshole.

TheGrobe
UnratedGamesOnly wrote:

So a sport then, as well?

waffllemaster
ilikeflags wrote:

anything it takes to get lordnazgul to call me an idiot, or woodshover to call me an asshole.

Flags, I don't think you have to exert yourself to see these happen Laughing

Antlitz

Who would be stupid enough to call this a sport?  The only exercise you get is delts/triceps/biceps from lifting and extending your arm to move pieces.

noun:  An activity involving physical exertion...

helltank
Antlitz wrote:

Who would be stupid enough to call this a sport?  The only exercise you get is delts/triceps/biceps from lifting and extending your arm to move pieces.

noun:  An activity involving physical exertion...

Play a 30 minute game like you were playing Lightning.

1)You'll move your arm so fast it's like a workout.

2)When you lose an important game because of the advice of some guy on the internet, you'll work even more muscles banging your head on tables.

Antlitz

at the rate of lightning, it couldn't hit 30 minutes.  One would hit the 50 move rule, or not be able to advance any pawns.  Either way, chess isn't a sport as a Corvette isn't a family car.

corrijean

But, is arguing about whether chess is a sport or a game a sport or a game? Ya'll are going off topic. Wink

Crazychessplaya

It's a spart.

Ziryab
Any true argument is great sport, but what we find here are mostly quarrels. Quarrelsomeness is a lifestyle choice.
AndyClifton
Ziryab wrote:
Quarrelsomeness is a lifestyle choice.

lol

"No it isn't!"

AndyClifton
LordNazgul wrote:
I've been accused of quite a few things but rarely if ever of being a liar.

But wait:  what if that is...?