Forums

Is It Necessary to Learn Chess By Coach To cross 1900 or More in FIDE

Sort:
SharmaPawan

I Had Seen Many Player Who Are Learning Chess By Coaches , But I Want to know that is it Necessary to Learn Chess By Coach To cross 1900 or More in FIDE ? I Am Asking This Because I Want To Cross 1900 In FIDE and Don’t Have Enough Money To Learn Coach by Chess . I Don’t Think that First Grand Master had Any Coach . Is It Possible To cross 1900 In FIDE Without Coach? 

Mr_Spocky

yes i think

transpo

Definitely, yes. I did it!

baddogno

A year or so ago on one of the TV shows, IM's Danny Rensch and David Pruess were discussing their belief that a suitably motivated player could reach 2000 or even 2200 by using the resources on this site.  Obviously not an unbiased opinion since they either create or coordinate the creation of much of the site's educational material, but since you have a diamond membership; why not go for it?

SharmaPawan

i am trying from many months

baddogno

No doubt that you have some talent.  I took a quick look at your homepage and what jumps out is that you have played alot of games and studied maybe not so much.  Playing is fun, I know, but if you want to get better then you need to hit the Chess Mentor.  Forget adaptive or sequential nonsense;  just scroll through the courses until you see something that appeals to you and study it.  You're already better than most (including me) at tactics, but try and hit the Tactics Trainer for at least a dozen or so problems a day.  You'll get better.

VLaurenT
SharmaPawan wrote:

I Had Seen Many Player Who Are Learning Chess By Coaches , But I Want to know that is it Necessary to Learn Chess By Coach To cross 1900 or More in FIDE ? I Am Asking This Because I Want To Cross 1900 In FIDE and Don’t Have Enough Money To Learn Coach by Chess . I Don’t Think that First Grand Master had Any Coach . Is It Possible To cross 1900 In FIDE Without Coach? 

As a student and assuming you're currently unrated OTB, it's perfectly possible to reach 1900 level without any coaching. However, you'll need a decent mix of :

- regular OTB practice (at least 40 games/year)

- exposure to stronger players' thought process (post-mortem analysis with opponents or chess friends)

- analysis of your own games for improvement

- some tactics training

Anotherbaap

I can be your coach almost free of any charge although I am not a very good player but certainly can prove myself to be a genuine king maker.

SharmaPawan
baddogno wrote:

No doubt that you have some talent.  I took a quick look at your homepage and what jumps out is that you have played alot of games and studied maybe not so much.  Playing is fun, I know, but if you want to get better then you need to hit the Chess Mentor.  Forget adaptive or sequential nonsense;  just scroll through the courses until you see something that appeals to you and study it.  You're already better than most (including me) at tactics, but try and hit the Tactics Trainer for at least a dozen or so problems a day.  You'll get better.

thanks for helping me

SharmaPawan
hicetnunc wrote:
SharmaPawan wrote:

As a student and assuming you're currently unrated OTB, it's perfectly possible to reach 1900 level without any coaching. However, you'll need a decent mix of :

- regular OTB practice (at least 40 games/year)

- exposure to stronger players' thought process (post-mortem analysis with opponents or chess friends)

- analysis of your own games for improvement

- some tactics training

i will do these . thanks

chessmasterhj

Well, the coach is not really needed if you had the determination to achieve your goal and have someone higher rated player who can always guide you on the right way but coach speeds up the process. He can explain many things easily that even many books of hundred pages failed to. Yesterday I told you that my friend in one year with proper coaching passed 1900 otb. Before 1 year I was beating him in every single game we played. I am also working hard to learn from books and online resources and I have improved but my growth is not that fast as my friend did in just one year. A coach can really guide you on the right. Yesterday we both played a game if you remember, I beaten you because you were making moves in blitz style whearas we were playing in 30 mins per player. I think you should stop playing blitz and bullet. You should adopt a good thought process. Here is the one that I am trying to implement in my game. Hope it helps.

A) When my opponent is thinking:

1. What is my least active piece?
2. What is his most active piece?
3. What exchanges are good for me?
4. What are his weaknesses?

B) When my opponent have moved:

1. What is his idea? & What will he do next?
2. What has he weakened?
3. What are my forcing moves of each piece? (Checks, Captures, Attacks/Counterblows) If something winning is available jump to 6.
4. Try to create a plan
5. If not develop least active piece, neutralize opponent's most active piece and aim for the center, try to create a weakness in his position
6. Blunder check
7. Play

SharmaPawan
chessmasterhj wrote:

Well, the coach is not really needed if you had the determination to achieve your goal and have someone higher rated player who can always guide you on the right way but coach speeds up the process. He can explain many things easily that even many books of hundred pages failed to. Yesterday I told you that my friend in one year with proper coaching passed 1900 otb. Before 1 year I was beating him in every single game we played. I am also working hard to learn from books and online resources and I have improved but my growth is not that fast as my friend did in just one year. A coach can really guide you on the right. Yesterday we both played a game if you remember, I beaten you because you were making moves in blitz style whearas we were playing in 30 mins per player. I think you should stop playing blitz and bullet. You should adopt a good thought process. Here is the one that I am trying to implement in my game. Hope it helps.

2. What has he weakened?
3. What are my forcing moves of each piece? (Checks, Captures, Attacks/Counterblows) If something winning is available jump to 6.
4. Try to create a plan
5. If not develop least active piece, neutralize opponent's most active piece and aim for the center, try to create a weakness in his position
6. Blunder check
7. Play

Thanks Thanks Thanks a Lot 4 Help . I Think there will be a long journey to cross 1900 in FIDE . Again Thanks All The Players who helped me this FORUM

PLAVIN81

There is more to be said for being self taught from trial and error I would not be too concerned about reaching a particular rating level because you will always want a higher level-enjoy the game.

Ironknight777
chessmasterhj wrote:

2. What has he weakened?
4. Try to create a plan
6. Blunder check
7. Play

Thanks for sharing your ideas, Laughing

JamesCoons

In most large cities you can always join a local chess club or play in local tournaments and get free coaching from other players in the club/tournament by asking them to go over your games. Usually most strong players love chess and are more than willing to help others.

waffllemaster
SharmaPawan wrote:

You answered your own question :)

As others have said, yes you can, it's not only possible but a reasonable expectation as well.

Vivinski

You're a young kid, my prediction is that if you keep investing time in the game in the next couple of years. You'll make huge leaps without a coach.

I think it will be important to not not develop bad habits thoughs.

Make some in between goals. Like go for 1600 or 1700 first. And play less blitz :P

azziralc

yes

finalunpurez

Its possible but i think it will be much easier to acheive what u want with a chess coach.

Da-Novelty

To answer your question, since you couldn't afford a coach, all is left to yourself anyway. You are very young and my answer is yes, you can cross 1900 Fide.

My question is why 1900 if you can even become a master? To put it simply, always aim for the sky. If there is a will, there is a way. Play and learn everyday and see your progress.

If you can't improve anymore, that's where a push is required. At that moment, you need a hand. Good luck!!