Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

• 22 months ago · Quote · #241

Stevie65

Scientifically:......0-9  threads...exponentionally..oops!   Am i stuck to your shoe?.Shit i burnt my oxford..OK Z i promise i'll just listen..well?   Maybe!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #242

micaman994

Anything can happen in chess!!!!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #243

zborg

Anything can happen in these threads.  And often does.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #244

blake78613

A 1300 player could have read and memorized a trap and be lucky enough for a 2700 player to play the line and fall into an opening trap. 

• 22 months ago · Quote · #245

Stevie65

Z..This is not funny...i was gonna comment on the women thread..but since you give the wrestleing bollux  i feel oppressed now...It's early morning there now..do you not need pancakes or something!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #246

HighNoon52

What about two 1300 players - combined they would be the equivalent of a 2600 player - definitely a reasonable match for a 2700

• 22 months ago · Quote · #247

netzach

I like Blake's idea.

Since the 1300 has no chance in a million of winning lure the 2700 (GM) into a trap!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #248

Dude_3

HighNoon52 wrote:

What about two 1300 players - combined they would be the equivalent of a 2600 player - definitely a reasonable match for a 2700

not exactly

Thats like saying 2 normal 6th graders together are as smart as a 12th grader

• 22 months ago · Quote · #249

Conflagration_Planet

HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #250

RetiFan

Conflagration_Planet wrote:
    HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

No, it was the beginning of an insidious plan to merge ten 1300 rated players into one ultimate chess machine.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #251

Conflagration_Planet

RetiFan wrote:
    HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

No, it was the beginning of an insidious plan to merge ten 1300 rated players into one ultimate chess machine.

Great idea. Down right brilliant! There'll be a Nobel Prize in chess given for this.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #252

HighNoon52

RetiFan wrote:
    HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

Come on man, I told you about my insidious plan in confidence!  How dare you tell everyone my secret!

It was going to look something like this, but without the eye patch . . .

• 22 months ago · Quote · #253

RetiFan

PoPPy-PoPPeT wrote:

[mod: no spam please]

Join Join Join !!!

Hey, quit advertising please, it's not nice.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #254

RetiFan

HighNoon52 wrote:
    RetiFan wrote:
    HighNoon52 wrote:

That HAS to a joke.

Come on man, I told you about my insidious plan in confidence!  How dare you tell everyone my secret!

It was going to look something like this, but without the eye patch . . .

lol Laughing

• 22 months ago · Quote · #255

Conflagration_Planet

Don't forget the sword.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #256

Scottrf

• 22 months ago · Quote · #257

FirebrandX

Scottrf wrote:

Funny you should bring that up. My worst game I ever played in my life was in that very same line, only my opponent didn't miss the mate. Game over in 6 moves. Granted it was a blitz game and I had never seen Qe2 before, but it was still no excuse.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #259

netzach

:) Was inspiration that game.

A colleague in Scotland-Team remembered the lesson:

http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=44141176

• 22 months ago · Quote · #260

Rasparovov

I say if the 1300 just divorced, had no sleep, was sick, unconcentrated because someone kept throwing sand at him, blindfolded and played a game of cards at the same time. The 2700 might just stand a chance of winning.
    Or the 1300 would just lose equally bad. 

Post your reply: