Forums

is wesley so better then carlsen?

Sort:
ChrisWainscott
I mean, Wesley is better at being in a cult than Magnus. That's for sure.
Kraken_80

Wesley So will soon be ready... faith, humility and perseverance propelled him to the top despite of enormous doubts around.

The throne is waiting for the man who has a bigger heart and greater determination...

fabelhaft
Rogue_King wrote:

I think any of the guys 2-4 would give Carlsen a great world championship match.

1. Carlsen vs Kramnik chat2.gif 1-0 35 2016 Norway Blitz D35 Queen's Gambit Declined
2. Carlsen vs Kramnik chat2.gif 1-0 50 2016 Norway Chess D35 Queen's Gambit Declined
3. Carlsen vs Kramnik chat2.gif 1-0 63 2016 Grand Chess Tour Paris Rapid D35 Queen's Gambit Declined
4. Kramnik vs Carlsen chat2.gif 0-1 55 2016 Grand Chess Tour Paris Blitz C55 Two Knights Defense
5. Carlsen vs Kramnik chat2.gif 1-0 32 2016 Grand Chess Tour Paris Blitz C65 Ruy Lopez, Berlin Defense
6. Kramnik vs Carlsen chat2.gif 0-1 54 2016 YourNextMove Rapid A04 Reti Opening
7. Kramnik vs Carlsen chat2.gif 0-1 53 2016 YourNextMove Blitz A04 Reti Opening
8. Carlsen vs Kramnik   ½-½ 66 2016 YourNextMove Blitz C67 Ruy Lopez
urk
Please not Kramnik!

I'm happy to see that Magnus has been beating the snot out of Kramnik.
Rogue_King

At rapid and blitz? Doesn't really matter for the classical world championship.

CookedQueen

He isn't better but less arrogant. If that counts then yes, otherwise no.

ilikewindmills
So what?
fabelhaft
Rogue_King wrote:

At rapid and blitz? Doesn't really matter for the classical world championship.

If you only look at the classical games it is 4-0 for Carlsen since Kramnik's last win seven years ago. But the +7-0=1 from 2016 is quite impressive even if only one of the games were classical. One of the more interesting games being the last one, even though it was blitz. Carlsen played an excellent game and then eventually blundered away the win with seconds on the clock, but maybe eight straight wins would have been a bit much anyway...

Barry_Helafonte2

they should play a series of games and then they will know who is better at monopoly

frogsashimi

After reaching World #2 and 2822 Elo points, right now the goal is to start earning wins against Carlsen, then win the Candidates and challenge Carlsen for the World Championship.

Clark_20
Probably not but If I want to see carlsen lose i would put Ivanchuk against him all day
Clark_20
Wesley So is definitely not who my money would be on especially if it's a series
bong711

Carlsen is a great chess talent. And becomes a much better player after training with Kasparov. As long as the contenders do not have a top trainer/ coach, Carlsen stays WCC till 2025.

Pashak1989

It is still very impressive that Kramnik remains in the Top 5. Most of the recent former champions are not even in the Top 10 anymore. 

Aaaah, I still remember that Topalov vs Anand match and the whole "bathroom" issue. 

Barry_Helafonte2

i like wesley's last name

The_Phenominal

He is only behind of Carlsen in world rankings and time will tell this. He is undefeated from 55 or 60 games now. Carlsen and So both have a long career at least 5 or 8 years. We can see a game between them in pro chess league soon.

JSLigon

Even if Wesley is better than Carlsen, which I doubt, I take issue with saying he's "so" better.

Barry_Helafonte2

i think wesley is better at monopoly

but calrson is better at tennis