Forums

July 2013 ECF Grading List

Sort:
Doggy_Style

Anyone know when the list is due out?

GhoulishFungus

Usually the end of the month, but Paul Buswell gets a copy 1-2 weeks early. If you ask him nicely in about a fortnight he might let you have peek. 

Doggy_Style

You mean that I can stop checking the ECF site, twenty-six times a day? Laughing

Doggy_Style
Bluebird1964 wrote:

First week of August Ray

NOOOOooooooo! Yell

john_d_64

I think they try to publish it before the start of the British Championship - ideally before people start arriving about Saturday lunchtime??

Doggy_Style
john_d_64 wrote:

I think they try to publish it before the start of the British Championship - ideally before people start arriving about Saturday lunchtime??

Ties in nicely with my latest hunch. I noticed that the January 2013 list was released on the 26th of January. If the July list takes the same time to process, it should be released tomorrow (the 26th).

waffllemaster

This may be a silly question... but when did BCF switch to ECF?  Or are they interchangeable?  Are tournaments in Scotland and Wales exuded now or were they always?

Doggy_Style
waffllemaster wrote:

This may be a silly question... but when did BCF switch to ECF?  Or are they interchangeable?  Are tournaments in Scotland and Wales exuded now or were they always?

The BCF (British Chess Federation) split into the constituent country federations, about eight years ago. The terms are not interchangeable, though this site fails to recognise the difference, despite receiving advice numerous times, over about six years.

I can't answer your question about playing chess in other parts of the Union (UK), in present times, as I have not done so. However, in the past (BCF days), it was one big (un)happy family.

waffllemaster

I guess I'm 6 years behind hah.  In old books you see BCF of course.

Doggy_Style
waffllemaster wrote:

I guess I'm 6 years behind hah.  In old books you see BCF of course.

I was specifically referring to having to declare my OTB grading (rating), in terms of a long dead organisation. The site itself, not the members.

john_d_64

A "preview list" is available now!

Doggy_Style
john_d_64 wrote:

A "preview list" is available now!

First thing I checked, when I got in from work!

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/grading/database/

I'm +2 to 174 (2042 approx).

plutonia

I don't like the new grading website.

It was so clear and nice with your result in colour, and with the pie chart at the bottom...

We should do a petition to have it changed back

-waller-

Lol, I find it amusing that I managed to get a grade of 156 (Category E, I only have 10 games in my history) despite having played no-one in the range of 132-178 (over 20 points either side!)

In all honesty I was surprised to see I managed a grade. What's the minimum number of games you need to play to maintain one?

Doggy_Style
plutonia wrote:

I don't like the new grading website.

It was so clear and nice with your result in colour, and with the pie chart at the bottom...

We should do a petition to have it changed back

I too thought that, to begin with. However, the more I looked, the more I clicked, the more content I found. I'm a convert now.

NewArdweaden

I heard they will only publish players rated over 2000 ECF in the list from now on.

Doggy_Style
NewArdweaden wrote:

I heard they will only publish players rated over 2000 ECF in the list from now on.

You are confused. No player that ever lived made 2000ECF.... that would be around 16850 FIDE (yes, sixteen thousand plus).

NewArdweaden
Doggy_Style wrote:
NewArdweaden wrote:

You are confused. No player that ever lived made 2000ECF.... that would be around 16850 FIDE (yes, sixteen thousand plus).

I indubitably know that. And I am not confused at all.

Doggy_Style
NewArdweaden wrote:

This was an attempt at humour?

NewArdweaden

A sad attempt, apparently.