Forums

just a Game . Not a War .. Do you agree ? and why ??

Sort:
morehope

Morris_W3

Yes it is just a game.  But you have to remember that (according to the common theory) chess (or a game like it) was invented to settle disputes between rival kings without bloodshed and the game we now know has been played since a time when actual war was conducted according to strict rules with the pieces representing royal court members

jayarr22

For me...just a game...that's all.

All_ways_winner

IT'S A WAR AND THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Morris_W3
Lady-in-Red wrote:
mfw019 wrote:

Yes it is just a game.  But you have to remember that (according to the common theory) chess (or a game like it) was invented to settle disputes between rival kings without bloodshed and the game we now know has been played since a time when actual war was conducted according to strict rules with the pieces representing royal court members

My dear mfw019, So you are just playing a game with me??? Do I understand that correctly? You just wait untill my mom hears about that. 

Oh no, no, no......more than just a game with you.Laughing

PLAVIN81

it is a gane based on war=that is what makes it excitingSmile

ThatGuyFrom916

i try to live life like chess...always think 8 moves ahead and look at every angle before making a move. So for me, its war, not a game. Laughing

All_ways_winner

NorCalPeezy, Can you please let us know what do you mean by "think 8 moves ahead" in life ????

VULPES_VULPES
Iam_ur_pappa wrote:

NorCalPeezy, Can you please let us know what do you mean by "think 8 moves ahead" in life ????

8 seconds, probably.

Morris_W3
VULPES_VULPES wrote:
Iam_ur_pappa wrote:

8 seconds, probably.

Hey, chalk one up for VULPES! Now that's WAR!

ma869

Hi everybody;

this is war in board,I and you!!my brain and your brain!!

face to face!!you know!!that is so good!!

if I can win you  in this little board sure that I cane lose you in real war!!

(sorry abute wrong writing,i can not speak english so good)

morehope
mfw019 wrote:
VULPES_VULPES wrote:
Iam_ur_pappa wrote:

8 seconds, probably.

Hey, chalk one up for VULPES! Now that's WAR!

cool mr morris .

cferrel

Chess is WAR!

RichColorado

RichColorado

Chess is War. It was created to depict ancient war principles. But without the blood shed.

Here is the piece I wrote about it:  CLICK ON IT!

rum/view/game-analysis/is-chess-a-game-or-war

ivandh

One of the very few things that riles me up is when people say "Chess is WAR!!11one!" It's pushing figurines around on a board. But people love the idea of battle, at least the people who have never seen real battle. War gets dressed up as this heroic and noble struggle that unites nations; it's such a shame that we cannot feel that way about more productive endeavors.

Gigatt78

Chess is like a war psychologically I agree, but not to the point that one will hate and kill his opponent like in real war.

ArchieBunker

Little plastic men on a rollup board.  Get a grip, people.

ivandh

A lot of people like to drag psychology into chess as well, which seems to reflect a similar ignorance as to what they're actually talking about.

RichColorado

Let's see, Fischer declared:

"Chess is war over the board," He proclaimed. "The object is to crush the opponents mind."

When chess takes over the mind, Albert Einstein said, "Chess holds it's master in it's own bonds, shackling the mind and brain so that the inner freedom of the very strongest must suffer."