Forums

Lack of a gui for Android

Sort:
ilgambittoo

Still Arena is the perfect gui for chess engines

I was just wondering what Martin bloom had and what Asim pareria,Art bik lacks.

Certainly a huge gap.

student-t

What do you think they should have?

ilgambittoo

Engine parameters and properties.

Greenatic

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.  I use "Analyze This", an Android app by Asim Pereira.  It comes with Stockfish and Critter, and does its job quite well--I can analyze PGNs of my games, which is just what I need.  (It has other features, but I haven't tried them yet.)  There's a free version and a paid version ($1.99).

If you want to know more, just search it on Google Play or click here.

ilgambittoo

Analyze this has no option to analyze a game. Chess pgn mastet free can do blunderd check efficiently.

Greenatic
ilgambittoo wrote:

Analyze this has no option to analyze a game. Chess pgn mastet free can do blunderd check efficiently.

What do you mean?

You see the little green "play" buttons next to the engines' names?  Just click those, and the engines will start analyzing; they'll tell you what they think the best line is, like in the bottom of this image:

Or are you looking for some other functionality?

ilgambittoo

You are right.It can analyze a position with two engines like world number 3 and world number 2 ranked critter. But it has no option to analyze a whole game like fritz gui,Arna and shredder classic and chess genius for windows have.They can check blunders also.

Greenatic
ilgambittoo wrote:

You are right.It can analyze a position with two engines like world number 3 and world number 2 ranked critter. But it has no option to analyze a whole game like fritz gui,Arna and shredder classic and chess genius for windows have.They can check blunders also.

1.  I have Arena, and I didn't know that it could do that.  Could you please tell me how?

2.  The reason Analyze This doesn't have that functionality is probably because most (if not all) Android devices don't have the processing power to handle the in-depth analysis of an entire game.  Remember, these are just phones and tablets--they're not designed for huge mathematical operations, they're designed for calling, texting, and plugging in to people's game-app and social media addictions.

ilgambittoo

Arena can analyze a game

.I can not remember how to do it.But certainly it has an option to do that. But if you have pgn master for Android just load the game an in menu just click the blunder check and a window pop up asks you to set the criteria. After seting this 1 means a pawn, .5 means an initiative. Just click ok and the process starts. And after completion you can see where the blunders were made by both sides.

Greenatic
ilgambittoo wrote:

Arena can analyze a game

.I can not remember how to do it.But certainly it has an option to do that. But if you have pgn master for Android just load the game an in menu just click the blunder check and a window pop up asks you to set the criteria. After seting this 1 means a pawn, .5 means an initiative. Just click ok and the process starts. And after completion you can see where the blunders were made by both sides.

I found it.  It's called "Automatic Analysis".

The only real difference, though, is that it goes through all the moves for you.  Analyze This can do the analysis, it just won't skip through the moves for you.

ilgambittoo

Exactly.

Greenatic

That doesn't seem like a critical feature to me, but if it matters that much to you, you can e-mail the developer.  I don't know much about Android programming (even though I'm trying to learn), but I don't think it would be too difficult to implement.  You can go to this page and click "E-mail Developer".

ilgambittoo

What about engine parameters and properties?

Greenatic
ilgambittoo wrote:

What about engine parameters and properties?

...I'm not exactly sure what that means... Tongue Out  Could you please elaborate?

ilgambittoo

I want to play with uci 2 engine, which has many skill levels

At present Stockfish is uci 2 for android.It has 20 in built levels .We can adjust it in arena and Fritz gui but there is no options of it in Android apps.

Greenatic
ilgambittoo wrote:

I want to play with uci 2 engine, which has many skill levels

At present Stockfish is uci 2 for android.It has 20 in built levels .We can adjust it in arena and Fritz gui but there is no options of it in Android apps.

Again, that should be really easy to do.  I don't see the point, though, because don't you want the engine to analyze your game as well as it can? UCI-2 is for weakening engines, and if we want them to analyze our games, why would we weaken them?

ilgambittoo

I want to play against different levels.An engine always analyze with full strength only.

student-t

NO!!!! Droisfish does have the 20 Stockfish levels adjustable!! Do you see the percentage strength slider? It's the percentage of the 20 levels. For example, a 50% is Stockfish UCI strength level of 10.