Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Magnus Carlsen vs Veselin Topalov - Nanjing Pearl Spring Chess Tournament 2010

• 4 years ago · Quote · #2

jimwei

a bit blury but good

• 4 years ago · Quote · #4

Conflagration_Planet

Who won? I don't have time to watch right now.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #5

orangehonda

woodshover wrote:

Carlsen pretty much won out of the opening, it was a short game, maybe 20 some moves.  Topa's opening was a bit passive (Bd7 instead of Be6) or so I'm told.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #6

Conflagration_Planet

orangehonda wrote:
    woodshover wrote:

Carlsen pretty much won out of the opening, it was a short game, maybe 20 some moves.  Topa's opening was a bit passive (Bd7 instead of Be6) or so I'm told.

Thanks!!!!!!! I didn't expect anybody to tell me. Now I'm logging off to go to work. BY.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #7

jason17

I was very happy with the video. It was pretty instructive as far the basics of a closed Ruy, and the explanation about how strong Carlsen's bishops were throughout were nice as well. Also I appreciated you making allowing the more amateur viewers (like myself) aware of what tactics were on the board at any given moment, and how they could potentially play out. I would highly recommend it, along with most of your other youtube videos.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #8

Estragon

Nice job! 

I even learned a new term - not bad for an older fellow.  I never heard the opening of a diagonal referred to as the Bishop being able to "see" a line.  I have often heard of Bishops "looking at" a square, though . . .

And I do know if a Bishop is called before the Holy See, he is probably in some sort of trouble!

Laughing

Carlsen seems to have his hands full against Bacrot today, though.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #9

walkingcro

really great video with great annalyzation! I got a lot out of it thanks :)

Post your reply: