Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Millionare Chess Tournament in Las Vegas at October 2014

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #581

ashikuzzaman

I would assume they will do it for both. But good question. I can ask in their faecbook group.

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #582

ashikuzzaman

obese_tourist wrote:

I juse sidged up fer thes tournie.  I've gottan mhy cheet clock and viddie glasses.  Viddy well be steemed to mhy parhner an he well send me cheet mroves from crumputer threw eerfones.

well, i have a bad news for you. Millionaire Chess LLC has just hired a security firm to monitor cheating in this October event at Las Vegas. http://www.protectsecurityvegas.com/

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #583

rTist21

ashikuzzaman wrote:
    obese_tourist wrote:

I juse sidged up fer thes tournie.  I've gottan mhy cheet clock and viddie glasses.  Viddy well be steemed to mhy parhner an he well send me cheet mroves from crumputer threw eerfones.

well, i have a bad news for you. Millionaire Chess LLC has just hired a security firm to monitor cheating in this October event at Las Vegas. http://www.protectsecurityvegas.com/

I think he was just being sarcastic, dude.

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #584

ashikuzzaman

rTist21 wrote:
    ashikuzzaman wrote:
    obese_tourist wrote:

I think he was just being sarcastic, dude.

me too Cool

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #585

Irontiger

ashikuzzaman wrote:

Millionaire Chess is coming up with an iPhone app just to cover their events, parings, announcements, chess tweets etc. How cool is that?

So cool! You are now officially just here for the buzz!

• 5 days ago · Quote · #586

Bulla

This was just posted on facebook today:

[2014-07-18, 10:10:35 AM] Amy  Lee: Today's posting on Maurice's wall on FB:  Millionaire Chess takes security and sandbagging very seriously. We have already uncovered a blatant sandbagger trying to enter our tournament, and have turned the case over to the authorities. We are determined to run as clean a tournament as we possibly can.
    [2014-07-18, 10:11:28 AM] Amy  Lee: then lots of comments but this is one of Maurice's reply "I think it is highly inappropriate to throw out names, even in jest. This is a serious matter that can permanently damage someone's reputation. But we take this very seriously and we will would rather not have business than allow the the wrong people to play in our event.

• 5 days ago · Quote · #587

Kummatmebro

i dont really care what maurice ashley does with his money

as long as he is banned from commentating on the big tournaments that happen in st loois im ok.

• 5 days ago · Quote · #588

SilentKnighte5

How can you turn a sandbagger over to the authorities???

• 5 days ago · Quote · #589

Bulla

To the USCF.

• 4 days ago · Quote · #590

ashikuzzaman

As they identified a sandbagger, I believe they wont let him/her ever play in any Millionaire Chess tournament even in future. All the people who were thinking to try some dishonest way of gaining some advantage in MCO - this is a clear message for them. Its not only security - its 360 degree keeping eyes on the registrants.

• 4 days ago · Quote · #591

kclemens

I've expressed my feelings/predictions regarding the tournament on the other MC thread, so I won't bore anyone with those here, but I think an app for pairings and results at chess tournaments would be pretty cool. Ideally the TD could post results of every board in real time, and the standings and Swiss pairings would automatically generate, so TDs wouldn't have to print out 30 pages before every round and I wouldn't have to dodge kids and remember my opponent's name and rating on my way to getting a scoresheet. In real life I think we would just have dozens of competing apps that don't work. But sometimes it's nice to pretend.

• 4 days ago · Quote · #592

SmyslovFan

What would you use to view this wonder app? Computers and smart phones aren't allowed in the tournament area.

• 3 days ago · Quote · #593

ashikuzzaman

SmyslovFan wrote:

What would you use to view this wonder app? Computers and smart phones aren't allowed in the tournament area.

I am sure there will be lots of tweets, faceboon.com status messages, chess.com posts etc before, during and after the MCO tournament by players and their family and friends. During the tournament, in the tournament area, you can't use any device. But when your games is finished and you are outside of the area, you will keep tracking your potential competitors game status or result definitely. Or may be you will follow your favorite players games. Whatever it is, the app will be opening up doors of making chess more accessible to players and chess followers alike.

Post your reply: