Millionare Chess Tournament in Las Vegas at October 2014

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #641

Bulla

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #642

bangalore2

Whoops. I stand corrected.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #643

small_potato

Me too, although I did a search for "millionaire chess" in google play and didn't find anything, and the Facebook link on the millionaire chess fb page only mentioned the iOS version. Strange.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #644

small_potato

Actually the app is quite good, I'm quite impressed with the effort they have gone to. Although I won't be buying a $56 bag because it has "millionaire chess" written on it ☺

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #645

rdecredico

small_potato wrote:

Actually the app is quite good, I'm quite impressed with the effort they have gone to. Although I won't be buying a $56 bag because it has "millionaire chess" written on it ☺

Wise cause they gonna be a lot cheaper come November.

Laughing 

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #646

Bulla

rdecredico wrote:
    small_potato wrote:

Your comments always seem to be stated as fact rather than an opinion.  The price is good until Oct 15th and you would know that if you care to look it up before making posts just for "fun."

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #647

Doggy_Style

small_potato wrote:

Although I won't be buying a $56 bag because it has "millionaire chess" written on it ☺

You Sir, are no friend of chess! Laughing

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #648

rdecredico

Bulla wrote:
    rdecredico wrote:
    small_potato wrote:

Your comments always seem to be stated as fact rather than an opinion.  The price is good until Oct 15th and you would know that if you care to look it up before making posts just for "fun."

Yes.  Well it is a fact that SCHWAG is worth less after an event.

There are, despite your proclivity to believe otherwise, knowable things in this universe.  

Surprised 

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #649

rdecredico

Those bags will be on e-Bay two hours after the event is over and people will be able to buy them for a song.

Please. 

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #650

rdecredico

And now here is your witty comeback:*

"Yes, but what won't be for sale are the memories I will get from playing in such a pretentious and overwrought affair." 

* which is gauranteed to be better than anything else offered based upon the efforts of your previous postings

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #651

Bulla

LOL...so not only do you state your opinions as undeniable fact you also are a psychic and can predict verbatim what others will say.

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #652

ashikuzzaman

In today's New York Times article on Millionaire Chess Open - I, my son Ahyan and my wife Shusmita got mentioned!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/01/us/millionaire-chess-to-hit-las-vegas-in-gambit-to-raise-games-profile-with-big-prizes.html?_r=3&referrer

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #653

SocialPanda

The part where Mr. Uzzaman is mentioned:

Ashik Uzzaman, 38, a software engineer who is also from California, was one of the first 76 entries, along with his son, Ahyan Zaman, 7. It will be a family vacation for them, along with Mr. Uzzaman’s wife, Sushmita, and their daughter, who is 3.

“This is our passion and our hobby,” Mr. Uzzaman said. But there was another reason that he wanted to play, and particularly for his son to participate. He said that people who were willing to spend so much money on the entry fees were really committed to the game and that would create a special atmosphere that was different from other tournaments.

That is exactly Mr. Ashley’s goal. “I hope this will catapult chess to the next level,” he said.

Ms. Lee said that Millionaire Chess “may be crazy to a lot of people, but someone has to be the forward-thinking person.”

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #654

rdecredico

Bulla wrote:

LOL...so not only do you state your opinions as undeniable fact you also are a psychic and can predict verbatim what others will say.

Some of us are better than others.

Post your reply: