Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

My Free Chess Lessons Program

• 2 years ago · Quote · #22

Conflagration_Planet

I just wish there was a cash reward for screwing the most TT problems in a row. I'd win it hands down.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #23

jetfighter13

thanks NM, I am trying to work on Calculating instead of going with my gut feeling, thats why I am playing a blindfold forum game right now.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #25

Conflagration_Planet

I don't think everybody has the talent to become a master.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #26

SafariQueen

Hi Conflagration_Planet

You may be right in what you're saying however, if one can improve ones own game, which in turn makes the game of chess more enjoyable, surely that is more important than becoming a master.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #28

SafariQueen

I love to win, I hate to lose. I hate that I make stupid mistakes, and I get too focused on the check, that I miss what is going on around me, and then I blunder big time. Like Rats says, one has to take time before the next move. This is something I'm having trouble with because I just get carried away with the moment. Impatience is my middle name.

I also hate it when one can see quite obviously a checkmate situation, the opponent resigns. That really used to bug me, because I thought the whole point of the game was to say checkmate. But now I’ve learnt that a resignation is just as good.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #29

Conflagration_Planet

SafariQueen wrote:

I love to win, I hate to lose. I hate that I make stupid mistakes, and I get too focused on the check, that I miss what is going on around me, and then I blunder big time. Like Rats says, one has to take time before the next move. This is something I'm having trouble with because I just get carried away with the moment. Impatience is my middle name.

I also hate it when one can see quite obviously a checkmate situation, the opponent resigns. That really used to bug me, because I thought the whole point of the game was to say checkmate. But now I’ve learnt that a resignation is just as good.

I wasn't talking about anybody else on here, just myself.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #30

SafariQueen

Hey, I'm just talking about myself. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #31

EdAdams

Your work is very well done, as well as educational. Thanks for all the time and effort!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #32

DJAbacus

It's kind of strange when people do things for free these days.

I have just watched your first video and enjoyed it so will be tuning in for some more lessons.

Though I don't have ambitions to be a master, I am sure your methods will help me progress to a level that I will feel is right for me.

I shall be analysing my own 15/10 games more thoroughly and spending a good amount of time on each move in my turn-based games from now on.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #33

Pawnpusher3

Glad you guys continue to like the videos :)

• 2 years ago · Quote · #35

Pawnpusher3

His videos are great, very informative, and always are an eye opener for me. I am sure they will be for all of you! Check out his website: www.aww-rats.webs.com for more info on his great program

Post your reply: