14603 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
In other news this week:
There is very little evidence that Ruy Lopez existed.
If you win 63% of the chess games you play, then something else occured during the other 37%.
I like dancing, though I can't explain why.
Has anyone ever been fired for indifference?
This is an actual photograph of a chess opening:
I tried the new format and now I need new bearings in my rear differentials, plus the axle seal started leaking. True story. Dang you to heck, chess.com!
Actual video of the orangutan opening(aka Sokolsky primate)!
Chess.com is working on it! You're a chess player, so be patient
Here is the inventor of that defense
and his unworthy adversary
(trysts, you wanted more pictures)
This is the only known photograph of a variation on the Sicilian defence:
The monkey's bum of the modern defence, captured by a Chess.com photographer:
Here's a picure of the committee for naming new openings:
The halibut gambit of the english opening, filmed by Jacques Cousteau:
The kangaroo defence:
In other news -
Last week, trysts discovered a new opening - Duck Defence, rain forest variation.
We've put it to the committee.... no, it's not allowed trysts is only a woman, therefore has nothing worthwhile to contribute to chess.
There's a duck defence?
Ducks are defenseless
Apparently. The women who are really good at chess have to be overall world champion to get respect from some guys around here
I must have played the duck defence quite a lot
You would think, by the looks of him, that this opening would be very intimidating:
But it's not...
Crab Opening 1.a4 e5 2.h4
Looks like a tasty opening, though.
The last time I played the duck opening, my middlegame position looked like this:
Here's the lizard attack of the Dunst opening:
12/11/2013 - Topalov-Kramnik, Dortmund 1996
by Hubert-D a few minutes ago
What is your favorite kind of tactic??
by caveatcanis a few minutes ago
Crazy Move in Grunfeld! How to beat this annoying line?
by cmtavernier 2 minutes ago
Sorry for a newbie post.
by Scottrf 7 minutes ago
The rating jump
by Geller_uri99 8 minutes ago
How do I go about studying the middlegame
by chessmicky 10 minutes ago
What is the lamest game or setup position you can think of.
by chessredpanda 11 minutes ago
is a queen worth two bishops and a knight? the answer appears to be yes!
by Scottrf 12 minutes ago
why e4 is better than d4.
by chessredpanda 12 minutes ago
Why hasn't Ivanov been banned yet?
by waffllemaster 12 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2013 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!