Forums

New Years chess resolutions

Sort:
Pawnpusher3

Hey all! My goal is to make 2000 :) what's yours?

superoloan
At least 2012
Pawnpusher3
Hahaha Nice resolution Superoloan
Kantplaychess

To quite playing.

dc1985

I figure I'll get a FIDE rating, maybe I'll get it up to 1500? 
(I'm not a big tournament player, but I figure I'll go to a few since I'll be moving to Europe soon.) 

justrookin

Mine is also to become 2000!! I am slightly closer and a tad more serious. My actual chess goal is to make sure I do 20 minutes of tactics daily. I slumped in the last month, but tactics got me from 1200 to 1650... I know it is a good goal!

Ben_Dubuque

To stop Making Damn New Years Resolutions... Oh woops, that is my regular one, I guess it is to make it to 1600 here, cause at the moment, getting FIDE membership is a little out of reach time wise.

CoconutTiger
get serious about my career.. And 2000+ here!
ilikeflags

apostrophes

CoconutTiger
i wish my rating rises like my member points!! :p
mateologist

2012  Cool JUST   WIN  BABY !!!!!!!!!!

Pawnpusher3
I wish mine did to haha I guess a lot of us have high rating goals to :)
CerebralAssassin

to read as many chess books as possible Laughing

KyleMayhugh

1700 USCF. The tricky part will be playing in enough tournaments to get there.

Of course, last year's was to go from 1086 to 1200, and I reached 1533. So if I can exceed my goal by the same amount, then 2033 it is!

chessmaster102

reach 2200 OTB and 2000 on chess.com. and become facebooks strongest chess player.

Dark--Horse

my goal is FM

jerry2468

I want to rule the world.

And get 2200 OTB

Kingpatzer

Work dilligently on some aspect of my game for a minimum of an hour a day, every day, and maintain my current tournament schedule. 

Timotheous

Promote science, reason, and evidence-based thinking.

karlsn12

goal/resolution: stop making stupid, dumb, ignorant, poorly thought out, blockheaded, doltish, dimwitted, dense, moves; I think you get the idea.