Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Novel About Chess!!!


  • 20 months ago · Quote · #81

    DrSpudnik

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #82

    DrSpudnik

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #83

    learningthemoves

    I like the idea of showing a man with a transparent forehead revealing a computer brain inside for this one.

    (After all, the computer program was created by a human(s) too.)

    And, wasn't it really Kasparov against the programmers when you break it all down to its core?

    Of course,

     you could also have something about "to beat the computer you need to think like the computer" or -- "how to get inside the brain of your computer opponent", etc.

    All you would need to do is...

    *find a royalty free image of a man (preferably Kasparov) and an image of some computer chips, motherboard, computer parts or whatever, etc.)

    -Then in photoshop, just edit the pic you have to add the man with the computer brain above the chessboard you already have there.

    The reason I believe this works is because it will help to make it more "personable" and draw more people to pick up the book because...

    almost all people are naturally and subconsciously drawn to other humans when given a choice against something non-human.

    Perhaps you could look up some advertising and marketing stats to verify and confirm this for yourself.

    It's one reason some advertisers (think big cereal brands: The Rice Krispies Trio Snap, Crackle and Pop, The Silly Trix Rabbit, The Coo-Coo Cocoa Puffs Bird, the Honey Smacks Frog, Tony the Tiger of Frosted Flakes, Lucky the Leprechaun, this animated cast of selling stars goes on...)  make a human-looking character to anchor their brand with something human in the mind of their prospects.

    Gives it the "human touch".

    Just an idea.

    If you don't use it, I suggest Psy88 use it for his cover. Tongue out

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #84

    DaBigOne

    Thanks for the ideas everyone!

    in particular @learningthemoves

    you gave the most detailed answer of how to make the poster better. 

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #85

    AndyClifton

    He's such a kiss-up.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #86

    DaBigOne

    is that jealousy i smell?

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #87

    AndyClifton

    I don't know what you smell (nor do I want to).

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #88

    DaBigOne

    ok: let me rephrase: 

    is there jealousy in your comment?

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #89

    learningthemoves

    DaBigOne wrote:

    Thanks for the ideas everyone!

    in particular @learningthemoves

    you gave the most detailed answer of how to make the poster better. 

    Thanks for the thanks DaBigOne!

    You should be proud you took action on creating and making something happen.

    Some have said we can all be classified in one of two groups at any given time:

    1. Creators

    or

    2. Critics

    Looks like you've been "caught" being in the first group. :-)

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #90

    DaBigOne

    well, i was kinda forced by my teacher, but i still am a creator!
    thx for making my day! 

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #91

    Timothy_P

    I can't read the novel; the link doesn't work :(

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #92

    Qwerty7777777

    Me too.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #93

    Elubas

    AndyClifton wrote:
    DaBigOne wrote:

    Any topic is OK to do, but my teacher said it is better to do HISTORICAL fiction, rather than completely non-fiction.

    I disagree!

    Of course you do Smile

    By the way Andy, I agree with you.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #94

    AndyClifton

    learningthemoves wrote:
    Some have said we can all be classified in one of two groups at any given time:

    1. Creators

    or

    2. Critics

    Looks like you've been "caught" being in the first group. :-)

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #95

    Samsch

    AndyClifton wrote:
    learningthemoves wrote:
    Some have said we can all be classified in one of two groups at any given time:

    1. Creators

    or

    2. Critics

    Looks like you've been "caught" being in the first group. :-)

     

    lolz


Back to Top

Post your reply: