Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

On My Way To China and Chinese Chess

• 21 months ago · Quote · #1

tellmeaboutit

I would have never dreamed that I would go to China but last week after discussing it with my family I accepted a position in Shenzhen China for 2 years. I means good pay and for my son a chance to learn Chinese Chess. Have any of you ever lived in China?

• 20 months ago · Quote · #2

tellmeaboutit

How long did you stay in Shenzhen for?

• 20 months ago · Quote · #3

chrka

I have only travelled through Shenzhen a couple of times travelling to and from Hong Kong but I lived in Kunming for six months in 2009, and studied in Guangzhou for a couple of months 2002.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend studying some Chinese. I don't know if there are any good distance courses in Denmark, but Lund University here in Sweden (and I think it's free for Danish students as well) has a nice distance course that I can recommend (although it is quite a bit different from when I took it).

• 20 months ago · Quote · #4

HGMuller

You are in luck! WinBoard does not only support western Chess, but also Chinese Chess. And the showTargetSquares option can be helpful in learning the game:

If you want to play against the locals, you cannot escape to play it like this, of course:

• 20 months ago · Quote · #5

tellmeaboutit

Thanks for the good information. Chinese chess? I am having trouble enough with chess as we know it Smile

• 20 months ago · Quote · #6

tellmeaboutit

In China. Interesting, different and not 3rd world. These guys are running full out.

Post your reply: