Forums

Optimal Knight Orientation

Sort:
jaaas
Supreme_Commander_FS wrote:

I point them facing directly forward.

Most players seem to do this. Though, as pointed out earlier, it might not be the optimal approach, as it makes the pieces' appearance on the board less distinct, and grasping them is a bit less comfortable as well.

Silvan
Estragon wrote:
the ONLY proper orientation for a Knight is facing his King.  It is respect, it is loyalty.

As the king, it serves nothing if my knights grovel and kiss my royal arse.  I want every man in my army and the woman who serves me all focusing on the same thing: the enemy.  The enemy is that way (points toward the opposite side of the board).  Thus I play with my knights pointing straight across the field.

Idrinkyourhealth

I orientate them towards me. But why do I do it? Because of 2 reasons: To show my oponent how creative I am and see the reaction of his face.

Ziryab

Turning them towards you facilitates feeding them some of the apple slices from the snack table. Your steeds will then perform better in the middlegame.

The_Icestorm

I tend to face all of my pieces onto my opponent's king, because it feels like there is alot of pressure onto the king.