Forums

People that leave instead of resigning.

Sort:
TheronG12

It's not worth it to me. I usually only play 3 or 5 minute blitz anyway. I can afford to wait for a minute.

Robert_New_Alekhine

Read a book, watch a video, and check on the game every three minutes.

tmodel66

Almost as annoying in the player who strives for stonewall positions in 3 min games and tries to lamely move pieces back and forth in equal or bad positions with the singular plan of winning on time.  

Moztax

I love every form of resigning:-)

DubovTD
0_Youmu-Konpaku_0 wrote:

What can they do?

It is impossible to determine if a person left on purpose or his internet just simply dropped.

Actually, chess.com already gives a warning or a notice to that person, and I think he/she gets banned after doing that several times.

What can they do? When my internet connection drops for 20 secs I lose the game because of "game abandoned", but if a clown leaves on purpose for 5 minutes, nothing happens

Crewdmeister3000

I think there should be a button "Check if they are there" - If you are playing across the board, it is obvious if someone is thinking or if theyve left and gone home. The button could come on after 1 minute and then the person clicks yes they are there if they are there and can carry on thinking or no click after 30 seconds or so would be abandonment. 

CraigIreland

This wouldn't work for the reason given in the previous post. If their connection has dropped, they're unable to respond to the server until it's restored.

SrGussy

Hola

SrGussy

Es un chat esto?

Tank1366

I don't think it's entirely impossible to tell whether they left the game on purpose or lost their connection. I mean when they disappear after losing a piece I think it's a fairly good bet that they've run off to cry about it, especially if it's a major piece.

I do find it annoying but what bothers me more is the fact that they only have themselves to blame yet seek to punish their opponent. I'd hate to think how they deal with any real problems in their lives.

skystalker1

I only play 5 mins games now 10mins is way to long to have to wait I agree a 2 min should be set as the max waiting time you also get the other players that win by boring you to death takes them an age to move at the start of the game than play like bliz in the last 30 seconds a form of cheating and pointless really ,I don't care what level I am .

Yogesh1p

There should be a confirmation message asking the player to check if they are still online !

Kyobir

What if your opponent died in the middle of the match? You never know