Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Petition to create an only 1800+ Rated Subforum

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #161

Pulpofeira

trysts escribió:
    Indubioproaggredi wrote:

i already made my point clear - i dont want personal chats in a thread which is made up for chess themes only. why cant you accept that?

Because I'm on my second cup of coffee?

This is the correct way. I'm not good at this. I'm leaving before I'm hitting the monitor.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #162

blueemu

Indubioproaggredi wrote:

- i dont want personal chats in a thread which is made up for chess themes only. why cant you accept that?

Indubioproaggredi wrote:

its that easy - why do you make it so complicated. you made a mistake, i told you and now you can stop it - very easy

You talk as if you are one of the Forum Administrators.

Are you?

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #163

Herebrocker

trysts hat geschrieben:
    Indubioproaggredi wrote:

i already made my point clear - i dont want personal chats in a thread which is made up for chess themes only. why cant you accept that?

then make up a coffee thread - or a "what do we dring right now"-thread.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #164

trysts

Pulpofeira wrote:
    trysts escribió:
    Indubioproaggredi wrote:

This is the correct way. I'm not good at this. I'm leaving before I'm hitting the monitor.

Laughing

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #165

Herebrocker

blueemu hat geschrieben:
    Indubioproaggredi wrote:

- i dont want personal chats in a thread which is made up for chess themes only. why cant you accept that?

Indubioproaggredi wrote:

its that easy - why do you make it so complicated. you made a mistake, i told you and now you can stop it - very easy

You talk as if you are one of the Forum Administrators.

Are you?

no i am just a member who joins chess threads if he like to read about chess. there are so many off topic threads here - and everybody can make up his own - so why do they make up such a chat here. of course i dont like it, because threads and headlines have a sense to make a choice - but that does only work if everybody accept that.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #166

blueemu

Indubioproaggredi wrote:

no i am just a member who joins chess threads if he like to read about chess. there are so many off topic threads here - and everybody can make up his own - so why do they make up such a chat here. of course i dont like it, because threads and headlines have a sense to make a choice - but that does only work if everybody accept that.

The solution is quite simple. Just go to your home-page and block any member whose comments annoy you. Then you won't even see their future comments, and you can read the threads without distraction.

You don't need to come into a thread and start giving people orders, as if you were in charge. You can use the block function to make annoying posters invisible to you.

EDIT: I have never blocked anyone, by the way... not even the obvious trolls.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #167

Herebrocker

trysts - its not a big business - it just sad that i cant use this forum like i want. after i went into threads with no chess-topics i decided to stay away from that and to concentrate for themes this side is for. - and now i realize that this is not possible because of people who dont accept chess topics.

i made a lot of mistakes in my live already - and when i got a hint, that my doing is antisocial, not cooperating, insulting, personal - whatever - i think about it and if the point is clear i would change or try to change but not argue any more with polemic or subhumour. but maybe this is the difference: i am improving.

if you can explain me your doing seriously i would be open to understand it - i am not a judge its just for my own understanding - and you can write arguments then - but if you dont have any arguments and you just did wrong - then why going on arguing? because its all a joke for you?

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #168

Herebrocker

blueemu hat geschrieben:
    Indubioproaggredi wrote:

The solution is quite simple. Just go to your home-page and block any member whose comments annoy you. Then you won't even see their future comments, and you can read the threads without distraction.

You don't need to come into a thread and start giving people orders, as if you were in charge. You can use the block function to make annoying posters invisible to you.

some peole like just to chat - they can make threads for that or find threads for that. and other people like to join chessthemes. if everybody would accept that - everything would be ok. that s no order - no rule - its just normal social thinking.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #169

trysts

Indubioproaggredi wrote:

trysts - its not a big business - it just sad that i cant use this forum like i want. after i went into threads with no chess-topics i decided to stay away from that and to concentrate for themes this side is for. - and now i realize that this is not possible because of people who dont accept chess topics.

i made a lot of mistakes in my live already - and when i got a hint, that my doing is antisocial, not cooperating, insulting, personal - whatever - i think about it and if the point is clear i would change or try to change but not argue any more with polemic or subhumour. but maybe this is the difference: i am improving.

if you can explain me your doing seriously i would be open to understand it - i am not a judge its just for my own understanding - and you can write arguments then - but if you dont have any arguments and you just did wrong - then why going on arguing? because its all a joke for you?

It's an ironic joke that you keep chatting with me even though you don't want to chat in "chess threads"Laughing

I wish I didn't have to get ready for work, because I'm really enjoying this, IndoubtWink See ya'!

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #170

blueemu

Indubioproaggredi wrote:
    blueemu hat geschrieben:
    Indubioproaggredi wrote:

some peole like just to chat - they can make threads for that or find threads for that. and other people like to join chessthemes. if everybody would accept that - everything would be ok. that s no order - no rule - its just normal social thinking.

*sigh* You have two choices:

1) You can block anyone whose comments annoy you.

or:

2) You can order everyone in the world to follow your rules... and then try to ENFORCE those orders.

Which method sounds more likely to succeed?

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #171

Pulpofeira

trysts escribió:
    Indubioproaggredi wrote:

It's an ironic joke that you keep chatting with me even though you don't want to chat in "chess threads"

I wish I didn't have to get ready for work, because I'm really enjoying this, Indoubt See ya'!

I'll do it for you! I have a lot of experience! Stay here, I want to leave!

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #172

Pulpofeira

Well, my experience is in the other side of the bar, but...

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #173

otisgraygreeky

1850 youwin just a little bit over  50-55% of your games. big deal. i'm starting a petittion for players only 1300 and lower. to clear out space against players who win greater than 60% of their games constantly. chris

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #174

Herebrocker

blueemu hat geschrieben:
    Indubioproaggredi wrote:
    blueemu hat geschrieben:
    Indubioproaggredi wrote:

*sigh* You have two choices:

1) You can block anyone whose comments annoy you.

or:

2) You can order everyone in the world to follow your rules... and then try to ENFORCE those orders.

Which method sounds more likely to succeed?

i am living in germany and i think our country is so successfull in economy and science though we have no ressources - not beause of rules and law - but because of an understanding of cooperation and social thinking - not to become a blocker on the society but a member. if you go to german chess forums you will see the big difference. i dont like to think national but it seems to be a fact. some things dont need rules or law - they are selfruled by intelligence and cooperation. its a totally blame in my mind to write personals things about an op in a chess orientated thread. - that has noting to do with fine behaviour - its just contraproductive, makes all worse, helps nothing, is selfish and brings up a lot of nonsense to everything what could be good.

and if you cant see that - i cant help you.

i guessed that only some single persons are the problem and i tried to give hints to them or to ask them to stop that - but the many responds i got now show me - that its a generall problem lol - of course i am surprised about that - but maybe my living circumstances have another niveau.

i heard about this forum in german forums before i joined here - and now i agree with them. end of story - do what you want i dont care about chessthreads on this server any more - because they are not really.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #175

Akatsuki64

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #176

Addicted-to-Chess97

USCL guys get two, and offical leauge on and a real one. Lots of them have to, including Dretch and Holt-Dal.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #177

Chris-de-Burger

Ok akatsuki64, who's busted now ?

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #178

Irontiger

Indubioproaggredi wrote:

(...) he just seem not to care about quotes to chessthemes by low rated. (...)

Remind me the last time Kasporov_Jr came up with a chess analysis post?

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #179

AlCzervik

Indavatadagitta, you lost the argument already. Make friends with Kaspy the kid and have fun in your group.

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #180

Chesscoaching

Why do you want to exclude people based on rating? This isn't a masters tournament or anything, is it?

Post your reply: